Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-18-2005, 03:17 PM   #11
Wooktroop
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

here is another in a different light (kinda blown out)
Wooktroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:20 PM   #12
Wooktroop

and another

still think the first pic is the best, these are both blown out and you really cant see the color of the face, all the different colors
Old 07-18-2005, 04:04 PM   #13
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I owned at one point and it looks better in person for sure. The face is not perfect but it's a great piece.

Get it and if you do not like it, flip it.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:19 PM   #14
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I love this statue's overall appearance and it looks amazing from a distance but the face kills it for me. The eyes look terrible and most importantly it looks NOTHING like Ian McDiarmid. Its a shame really because I would love to add this piece to my collection but when you consider Attakus' extremely high price point you absolutely cannot overlook something as major as a very poor likeness. At their prices I expect perfection and thats why I'm extremely selective with my Attakus pieces. Close but not close enough IMHO.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:22 PM   #15
Wooktroop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy
I love this statue's overall appearance and it looks amazing from a distance but the face kills it for me. The eyes look terrible and most importantly it looks NOTHING like Ian McDiarmid. Its a shame really because I would love to add this piece to my collection but when you consider Attakus' extremely high price point you absolutely cannot overlook something as major as a very poor likeness. At their prices I expect perfection and thats why I'm extremely selective with my Attakus pieces. Close but not close enough IMHO.

didnt i read a post on here that said attakus was not allowed to make their statues look like the actors at the time due tot he gentle giant liscence. so they made them not look like them on purpose, more or less just an artistic interpertation.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:27 PM   #16
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I've never heard that but if it is the case then why not just stick to the characters that are either aliens or wear a helmet?

Putting out a statue with the sole intention of making it NOT look like the actor is just plain ridiculous.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:38 PM   #17
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooktroop
didnt i read a post on here that said attakus was not allowed to make their statues look like the actors at the time due tot he gentle giant liscence. so they made them not look like them on purpose, more or less just an artistic interpertation.
No...not true.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:26 PM   #18
DarkRaven
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

one just went for $175 on ebay a couple of days ago....which was fine and all, but ONLY after i paid almost $75 more for mine two months ago..
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:30 PM   #19
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooktroop
Yup, Exar Kun confirmed this.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:31 PM   #20
Gir
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy
I agree. I'm hoping GG makes one because I'm collecting mostly Imperial statues, and I'd like a statue of each major Sith Lord (excluding Dooku).
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote