Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-18-2024, 05:32 AM   #501
dao2
Cyclops

Could just be P1 producing more, they do pull that ---- :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 05:48 AM   #502
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Could just be P1 producing more, they do pull that ---- :|
When have they done that though? I heard about items being shipped in batches before but prime 1 making more copies than the Edition Size?
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 06:27 AM   #503
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
When have they done that though? I heard about items being shipped in batches before but prime 1 making more copies than the Edition Size?
They did the Alien Big chap quite recently, the base is different but functionally the same statue, it's even marketed as such. From the p1 page description:

Prime 1 Studio is proud to rerelease a sold-out collector?s item from our Alien series: the 1:3 Scale WAAL-05DXLM: Alien Big Chap Deluxe Limited Version from Alien!

People didn't think they could do it that well so it didn't sell a ton, then when it came out good it sold out quick but the ES was small (just like this, coming out better than people expected). So P1 just decided to make more, they took out the wall (something often complained about the original, though I like it myself) and then added reinforcement to the ex base (it wasn't stable on the original release). So from past experience they are perfectly happy making more of something if it didn't meet their original demand.

I like how on the same page just a few sentences down from "we're re-releasing this!" they say "Believe us when we say: Do not delay on Big Chap! He’s limited, so Order now!". I would say the irony is tragic but nobody really should expect P1 to act with any dignity based on their track record of bull----.
Old 02-18-2024, 06:28 AM   #504
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I believe P1 has done "re-issues" but to up the ES after a piece is shipped....no, that wouldn't work, ethically or from a business sense. Our "hobby" is so niche, if you ruin your reputation, it's an instant death sentence....look at Gamingheads, for example.

One thing that comes to mind, considering the reported quality on this piece....maybe, just maybe, this "batch" releasing of product, is an attempt by P1 x Blitzway to really ensure quality. I know, wishful thinking, keep dreaming...but, as crazy as it might seem, the proof of the pudding....nobody is complaining about this piece, collectors are giving high praise....it's killed the competition, and even the "promise" of a possible release from JND has gotten collectors shrugging their shoulders, because this piece seems so good. That result doesn't come out of nowhere.....

I'm definitely a P1 "hater" - but, I've happily pre ordered this piece.....which says a lot. If this turnaround in quality has to come with a batch system release....I'm all for it.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 06:36 AM   #505
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I believe P1 has done "re-issues" but to up the ES after a piece is shipped....no, that wouldn't work, ethically or from a business sense. Our "hobby" is so niche, if you ruin your reputation, it's an instant death sentence....look at Gamingheads, for example.

One thing that comes to mind, considering the reported quality on this piece....maybe, just maybe, this "batch" releasing of product, is an attempt by P1 x Blitzway to really ensure quality. I know, wishful thinking, keep dreaming...but, as crazy as it might seem, the proof of the pudding....nobody is complaining about this piece, collectors are giving high praise....it's killed the competition, and even the "promise" of a possible release from JND has gotten collectors shrugging their shoulders, because this piece seems so good. That result doesn't come out of nowhere.....

I'm definitely a P1 "hater" - but, I've happily pre ordered this piece.....which says a lot. If this turnaround in quality has to come with a batch system release....I'm all for it.
As I said above they quite literally marketed the big chap as a re-release of a sold-out piece. It's the second sentence on their listing (the first one that isn't a quote from the movie). P1 has no integrity and their CS SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. The only reason people buy their stuff is because it's just damn good compared to the competition. Outside of their product, just as a company, they are garbage. Still better than SS though which is very sad.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:15 AM   #506
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I just assumed that P1 x Blitzway are running some kind of Queen Studios like batch system.....and EU folks won't get theirs until later in the year.
Well, I'm European and I purchased this from a European store, and received mine a couple of weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Mine's here. : )

But it looks like they may be doing this in batches indeed. If you guys remember, I posted this before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Local shop in Spain. I was nervous because I was asked to pay the balance almost two weeks ago and then nothing, which is unusual for them, but I received my notification not an hour ago.
Well, in the meantime, I checked those big French and Belgian stores just in case, and I felt somewhat relieved when I saw the estimated arrival date there.

Still, funny how my store got it before those. I would have expected otherwise.

Oh, well, if the results are this good, I say them doing these in batches to give them the proper TLC is justified.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 08:08 AM   #507
ukshaun
Hercules

Having searched online, a number of places are offering the piece, with an in stock date of June 2024.
These online stores have jacked up the price to nearly double in some cases
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 09:50 AM   #508
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Having searched online, a number of places are offering the piece, with an in stock date of June 2024.
These online stores have jacked up the price to nearly double in some cases
In Europe they are selling it for 2399 euro, 2,279 euro, 2,180 euro and the cheapest for 1994 euros , this is not including shipping
Why are these so expensive in europe but american stores offer it for $1,405 ???
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 01:37 PM   #509
qz33
Baron Zemo

They always set the ES some above the actual orders they have.
These companies have learned demand increases for some items at release.

When the final product quality is so dubious I have no problems with a re-release either.
Same with their Alien Big Chap no one expected them to pull off a very good result.

And Dao contrary to whatever your personal experiences Sideshow is 2nd to none Customer Service.
Of course it depends on the expectations of the customer but they have surprised me positively multiple times.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 02:31 PM   #510
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
In Europe they are selling it for 2399 euro, 2,279 euro, 2,180 euro and the cheapest for 1994 euros , this is not including shipping
Why are these so expensive in europe but american stores offer it for $1,405 ???
EU taxes and duties, plus shipping....and after all that, the store has to make some profit. Sure, they get the statue cheaper, but they have to buy a minimum order quantity to get that retailer discount.....in the end, these retailers take huge risks on stocking these pieces....sometimes it pays off, other times (JND) not so much.

When I import a statue from Asia, after shipping, taxes, & import duty....I'm rarely much (if any) cheaper than what I would have paid going through an EU retailer. Add to that the stress involved with dealing with FedEx or UPS for importing....and any "savings" are severely offset by the shear headaches of dealing with logistics.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote