Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 06-30-2017, 01:40 PM   #51
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I think the Warriors are waaaay overrated. Whatever they accomplish is against today's NBA. Who are they playing? What incredible teams do they have to overcome? Today's League is a 2 team race. You don't need a regular season or a post season. Just start the Finals in June and have the Cavs and the Warriors play each other. It's become a joke. Do you really think both teams combined for one playoff loss before the Finals because they are great? I think it was because the level of competition sucked ass and that's not changing anytime soon.
Idk, according to most athletes are always getting better every generation with genetics, advanced nutrition, exercising techniques etc. And I'd say they're at the top because they both have very stacked teams compared to every other team(similar to LA and Boston in the 80s). How many teams have as many great shooters on the same team as the Warriors have in the history of the game? The Bulls had great defense but when 3 of the starters can nail 3s at will I don't know how you stop that, you just hope at least 2 of them have a bad game. And you could argue that Jordan had a great team built around him and were pretty stacked as well compared to their competitors.

While the way Lebron handled leaving Cleveland was really ugly, you have to admit that the team wasn't going anywhere without him and he carried them to the finals. Who was their second best player? I understand why people dislike Lebron, but if your team isn't helping you win then I can't blame him for leaving. It's like if Jordan would've been on a bad team with no support, I don't think he'd stay being the competitor that he is either.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:45 PM   #52
monomaster1
Sinister Six

Finally, a deep thinker!
monomaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:03 PM   #53
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Idk, according to most athletes are always getting better every generation with genetics, advanced nutrition, exercising techniques etc. And I'd say they're at the top because they both have very stacked teams compared to every other team(similar to LA and Boston in the 80s). How many teams have as many great shooters on the same team as the Warriors have in the history of the game? The Bulls had great defense but when 3 of the starters can nail 3s at will I don't know how you stop that, you just hope at least 2 of them have a bad game. And you could argue that Jordan had a great team built around him and were pretty stacked as well compared to their competitors.

While the way Lebron handled leaving Cleveland was really ugly, you have to admit that the team wasn't going anywhere without him and he carried them to the finals. Who was their second best player? I understand why people dislike Lebron, but if your team isn't helping you win then I can't blame him for leaving. It's like if Jordan would've been on a bad team with no support, I don't think he'd stay being the competitor that he is either.
I honestly don't want to talk about LeBron anymore. He's a great athlete but if I'm GM of a team and I can choose between MJ in his prime or LeBron with the 1st pick, I'd draft MJ every day of the week and twice on Sundays. MJ's accomplishments speak for themselves.

As for the the Warriors, great teams don't blow 3-1 leads in the Finals after winning the most regular season games in NBA history. Where was all that unstoppable 3 point shooting when the Warriors where up 3-1 and lost the Finals to the Cavs after a historic regular season run? Overrated, and I stand by my assessment of the Warriors and the state of the League today. It's a 2 team League and competition is a joke.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote