Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-04-2016, 03:30 PM   #11
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

What's your thoughts on Queen of Vampires?

I personally think they are showing the soft side of her too early... I wish they would have invested 3-4 issues into just painting her as a cruel, heartless monster... I know they are touching on it with things here and there like the blood feasts and the gore shower... But I feel like I'm being told she's an evil monster... I'm not feeling for myself that she's evil. I think it should almost be like when the other vampires are plotting against her that I'm mixed with who I want to see come out on top...
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:17 PM   #12
A R E S
The Spirit

I like how she is shown until now. I don't see her as the cruel heartless monster, but as the child she once was, only lost, alone and without someone she can truly trust after her father died. I think she has disconnected with the world around her.

The only thing i don't like is how weak she seemed in her last fight. She was overwhelmed too easily for my liking.

But i am definitely looking forward to the next issue. I think it will be crucial if ARH can craft an interesting captivating story in the long run.

Since ARH mentioned a while ago that there will be a third Arhian statue it will be interesting how that one will look.
I would have nothing against Arhian on the cross like in issue two. But i think it will be something from a later issue.
A R E S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:49 PM   #13
The13thWarlock

I don't know... She's definitely disconnected, but she's bathing in people's blood. That's monster material. She's playing that headless, ruthless vampire queen role but I'm only half buying it. I think they are moving too fast. This seems to be their most adult comic, so slow down and take more time with developing who and what and why she is...
Old 03-23-2016, 11:08 PM   #14
trav99ss
Fantastic Four

Just a heads up to those interested that the 3rd issue of Arkhalla is available for download. The code doesn't work anymore though...
trav99ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:20 PM   #15
The13thWarlock

It's been out a couple of weeks now. I just got it today and was only able to read half of it on my break!

I like the comic, but wish they were taking more time with it... Like every vampire on her council seems to be an interesting character with a cool back story... Maybe they will explore that in prequels...