Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 09-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #31
J-M-T
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Super crazy haul!

7 covers....??? WOW!!!
J-M-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:56 PM   #32
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whd View Post
Outstanding! I especially like the Bulletproof cover, but they're all great!
yeah, thats for one of the trades. throughout issues in the 90's, Ryan and Cory had shared responsibilities on the book. a lot of covers had both of them contribute. i have a few of the other parts that Cory did (issue 95 and 96), and Ryan did have their counterparts. i had to be selective. those were on that paper i don't like, so, i only went for one. the one you're speaking of, is one of the ones that i have Corys part also. so, i at least completed one of those covers and i know Ryan does indeed have the others if i was so inclined. the price also, was too good to pass.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #33
Magneto
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Fantastic pick ups! Congrats!
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #34
Simplyrob

Allright. As I mentioned I did indeed come home from SLC with some funds leftover. As I said I sorta got dissed on the commission. Awhile back this fella reached out and contacted me regarding one of his color Ottley commissions. He wanted too much, I passed. After I shared my stuff around the interwebs after my trip, he contacted me again at half the price. Done. He has the Invincible companion piece that I hope to acquire at some point. The pair was featured in the back of one of the trades.

The second is another cover that I've been after for almost the greater part of last year. The seller and I just danced around for so long. The communication was so shotty. Again, after sharing my experiences about the trip, I made one final offer (having just seen fair market prices on covers directly from the artist). Done.

These two pieces also signify a well deserved break from art collecting for awhile. I've built this amazing collection and now it's time to get rid of everything else. Of course , I'm in the loop, so, pages will pop up from time and time again, I'll deal with that when it happens.

Oliver by Ryan Ottley

Invincible 73 Cover pencils/inks by Ryan Ottley

Old 09-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #35
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

congrats man. after this last haul, are you officially "the" invincible guy from an art perspective or are there other collectors out there that have more?
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #36
Simplyrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
congrats man. after this last haul, are you officially "the" invincible guy from an art perspective or are there other collectors out there that have more?
Well, I won't say I haven't thought about this. I kinda base the whole #1 thing on quality and quantity. No question, I have #1 spot on quantity locked down. As far as quality, I can only think of 2 other cats that would be up there with me as far as quality goes. As far as I know, neither of them are actively buying Invincible stuff anymore. One dude has a grip of pages from the first issue, grail stuff. I've emailed him a bunch in the past and even went so far as sending a 3 page handwritten letter basically begging for a shot at one of those issue 1 pages. Haven't heard back from the guy. Oh well, he knows I'm interested when the time to sell arrives.

To answer your question, I'm #1 or #2.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #37
whd
Suicide Squad

Another great cover! Congrats!
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:08 PM   #38
Simplyrob

sigh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhyKzN8OF8Q
Old 09-18-2014, 01:05 PM   #39
BillC
Hellboy

So who's the older thinner guy (little facial or head hair IIRC) in the burn party pictures from a couple years ago?
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #40
Simplyrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
So who's the older thinner guy (little facial or head hair IIRC) in the burn party pictures from a couple years ago?
I've seen pics I think from another burn party Ryan had. I'm not sure who, maybe a thinner Ryan?