Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-08-2018, 02:34 PM   #1141
Dam_Beaver
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
My Ciri waitlist reservation is already converting! I need to decide quickly if I'm going to dive into this line after all.
Same for me here. Need to decide as well within the next days. Such a hard decision, as these statues are a bit expensive imo, for quarter scales (comparing to Sideshow's Premium Formats). But I love Ciri's sculpt and everything on her that I might fall

edit: Does anyone have information, if the medallion of the exclusive is separated of the exclusive head sculpt? Or does it only work together?
Dam_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:09 PM   #1142
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

1/3 pieces of characters in a possibly niche game do not sell well at higher edition sizes. You can argue that witcher already has a huge fan base but it was the same for arkham/DC fanbase. Alot of the 1/3 scales that had Edition sizes above 500 were put on a 30% discount last year.

It is very likely we will be seeing lesser 1/3 scales being churned out in favor of more affordable 1/4 scales at higher edition sizes. P1 might have overestimated the statue market's appetite for 1/3 scales at the initial outlook.

I'm kinda glad the dlc outfits are in 1/4 scale as i prefer the dlc design; the price tag is easier to swallow, allows for more creativity with the base as opposed to an otherwise relatively simple one.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:24 AM   #1143
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
1/3 pieces of characters in a possibly niche game do not sell well at higher edition sizes. You can argue that witcher already has a huge fan base but it was the same for arkham/DC fanbase. Alot of the 1/3 scales that had Edition sizes above 500 were put on a 30% discount last year.

It is very likely we will be seeing lesser 1/3 scales being churned out in favor of more affordable 1/4 scales at higher edition sizes. P1 might have overestimated the statue market's appetite for 1/3 scales at the initial outlook.

I'm kinda glad the dlc outfits are in 1/4 scale as i prefer the dlc design; the price tag is easier to swallow, allows for more creativity with the base as opposed to an otherwise relatively simple one.
30% discount? It was only 30% more points, price was the same as retail.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:19 PM   #1144
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
30% discount? It was only 30% more points, price was the same as retail.
It was 30% worth of your actual purchase. I bought Batman Noel, got $267 in reward points. There's a catch with their reward system. You can use only up to 20% of the item value. Which bummed me out a bit, I wouldn't mind using it all for another 1:3, especially that the shipping costs are atrocious...
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:04 PM   #1145
COI

Resigned myself to collecting this line slowly, after they come out. Edition sizes are large enough that they'll be obtainable later and none of the EXs have really stood out to me all that much, other than maybe Yennefer's.

So I wasn't paying attention, and saw that Ciri sold out quick. Looked at the pics and was puzzled for a few seconds because the portrait didn't look like a big deal; then I saw the medallion.

Jumped on the waitlist. The medallion is a must for me.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:39 PM   #1146
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Resigned myself to collecting this line slowly, after they come out. Edition sizes are large enough that they'll be obtainable later and none of the EXs have really stood out to me all that much, other than maybe Yennefer's.

So I wasn't paying attention, and saw that Ciri sold out quick. Looked at the pics and was puzzled for a few seconds because the portrait didn't look like a big deal; then I saw the medallion.

Jumped on the waitlist. The medallion is a must for me.
I’m in the same boat as you, I just have too much on order right now and other priorities. I was going to cancel Yen EX and bail on the line but I think I’m going to keep it and try complete it (except for Eredin) slowly and later on. These pieces are big and expensive.
I prefer the EX face but it’s not enough for me to jump fast on this. Yen EX is a must, Geralt and Eredin EX are nice. Triss REG is better and I would never display the EX.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:21 PM   #1147
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
I’m in the same boat as you, I just have too much on order right now and other priorities. I was going to cancel Yen EX and bail on the line but I think I’m going to keep it and try complete it (except for Eredin) slowly and later on. These pieces are big and expensive.
I prefer the EX face but it’s not enough for me to jump fast on this. Yen EX is a must, Geralt and Eredin EX are nice. Triss REG is better and I would never display the EX.
There's no way I could bail on the line. Fortunately, there's no real reason to rush.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:14 PM   #1148
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
There's no way I could bail on the line. Fortunately, there's no real reason to rush.
I didn’t immediately want to, it’s just the price and size is really difficult. The Geralt box is just as big as my P1 1/3 Deathstroke box. A lot of space will be required to display the entire line.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:41 PM   #1149
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
I didn’t immediately want to, it’s just the price and size is really difficult. The Geralt box is just as big as my P1 1/3 Deathstroke box. A lot of space will be required to display the entire line.
No doubt. I bet Eredin is gonna be a monster.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:27 AM   #1150
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
It was 30% worth of your actual purchase. I bought Batman Noel, got $267 in reward points. There's a catch with their reward system. You can use only up to 20% of the item value. Which bummed me out a bit, I wouldn't mind using it all for another 1:3, especially that the shipping costs are atrocious...
Yeah, I’m not a fan of that restriction at all.

Going back to Ciri, I let my waitlist convert. I will decide on which Geralt and Yen I want after the alternate versions are unveiled, and assuming no second Triss ever comes out, I will pick up a regular edition if/when it is deeply discounted.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote