Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 02-05-2016, 12:44 PM   #11
Ravishing
Fantastic Four
Adamantium Plus Member

QC

Well done to ARH for dealing with this properly instead of just sweeping it under the carpet. I wish HCG would adopt this same philosophy. I did have some paint issues with my Arhian Statue. They said they will be sending me a return label at some point. Well done. If these were done in the US they would be 50% more costly I imagine. I have a suggestion for ARH. Why not open each piece and inspect it from China before it goes out to customers that way there are no upset customers, less cost of shipping to have us send them back and no one is the wiser. That's what I'd be doing.
Ravishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:51 PM   #12
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

I read the newsletter this morning and I totally applaud ARH for their commitment. Many companies can learn from this. Way to go, guys!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:11 PM   #13
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
In fact, there should be a law (or at least an unwritten rule) which compels companies to post pics of EXACTLY (factory painted) what you are buying at the pre-order stage as opposed to posting pics of an expertly painted piece which looks perfect.
There is in fact a law, several actually. However you would have to do a class action lawsuit (assuming the company doesn't have a terms of service that you agree too requiring you to use arbitration) as a single suit would be worthless. Then after all that basically you'll get refunded the statue (this is assuming they won't give you a full refund, which they don't all the time but will if you press).

There is no requirement that a company can't put out garbage all the time and not refund customers, and as long as people keep buying and are happy with it then there is really nothing to be done. Just stop buying.

*Note: above is not really about ARH, just in general with statue companies. Most particularly Sideshow ;p

TL;DR there are laws, but giving you back your money would satisfy them, continually buying them is YOUR choice.

edit: This is why I cancelled all my SS POs a few months back and will not PO anything else from them. Their ---- looks nothing like what they advertise.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:32 PM   #14
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravishing View Post
I have a suggestion for ARH. Why not open each piece and inspect it from China before it goes out to customers that way there are no upset customers, less cost of shipping to have us send them back and no one is the wiser. That's what I'd be doing.
That's what they are doing with the ones that haven't shipped out. However doing so for every statue that they make when they expect there to be no issues is not worth it. Is incredibly manpower intensive and time consuming (which means a lot of wasted money).

It increases the risk of breakages, and likely they would miss a lot of problems having to go through so many as well which means it'll come to the collector which will find issues then they'll have to send it back anyways ;p

So for Arhian where they know there are issues they are doing so because they want to fix it. However if they had to do it for all the statues they recently received it would be a giant waste of time, and it could be months before people start seeing their statues (that likely don't have issues).
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:48 PM   #15
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'm just praying no issues with DD1. But I do applaud ARH as many others have for dealing with this.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:23 PM   #16
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravishing View Post
Well done to ARH for dealing with this properly instead of just sweeping it under the carpet. I wish HCG would adopt this same philosophy. I did have some paint issues with my Arhian Statue. They said they will be sending me a return label at some point. Well done. If these were done in the US they would be 50% more costly I imagine. I have a suggestion for ARH. Why not open each piece and inspect it from China before it goes out to customers that way there are no upset customers, less cost of shipping to have us send them back and no one is the wiser. That's what I'd be doing.
If they do this, the opening and inspecting of the statues... Can someone from ARH please post up a pic of Arahom covered in the same styrofoam beads I'm covered in every time I open a statue!!! Lol!!!
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:27 PM   #17
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

This gives me reassurance with all the other 4 PO's I have with ARH. Thank you for this!
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:28 PM   #18
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
If they do this, the opening and inspecting of the statues... Can someone from ARH please post up a pic of Arahom covered in the same styrofoam beads I'm covered in every time I open a statue!!! Lol!!!
Thought they addressed that with the new tougher black Styrofoam??
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:33 PM   #19
toty21
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
I'm just praying no issues with DD1. But I do applaud ARH as many others have for dealing with this.
DD1 will be in hand in September of 2019
toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:05 PM   #20
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith3388 View Post
Thought they addressed that with the new tougher black Styrofoam??
They probably did... I only have have 2 ARH pieces and both came from third party sellers so they were probably sitting around for a bit... Minotarus and Conan Sacrifice.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote