Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-18-2016, 11:02 PM   #11
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

False advertisement on the Website, it clearly stated Hercules was "Instock, Ships in 2-3 Days" You can't have an item In-Stock when you haven't even paid for your order from the manufacture. And then lied saying it was ARH's fault due to damage's that you wouldn't be able to fulfill the order.

Best advise, lay low concentrate on doing business the right way and redeem yourself by providing the best experience to your new customers. I highly doubt anyone that experienced this last situation will be a returning customer.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:07 AM   #12
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingToys View Post
Below story is my experience, it's the worst purchasing experience in my collection, I feel not only unhappy but something like a integrity issue. As your conclusion, I order a Twin Mermaids with ARH directly.

[01/09]
Thank you for placing your order with Spec Fiction Shop!
This email is to confirm your recent order.
Date 01/09/2016

1x ARHIAN Head Huntress 1/4 Scale Statue by ARH Studios - SHIPS 01/01/2016 for $379.99 each
Subtotal : $379.99 USD
Shipping : $159.15 USD
Total : $539.14 USD

[01/20]
Me: May I know the shipping progress on ORDER #2370?
Or you can provide some information for tracking?

[01/21]
Todd: Shipping in February once I receive my shipment from ARH

[02/15]
Me: May I know the shipping date of #2370 order?

Todd: I’m sorry but ARH allocated me for this item. I had 16 on order and they said they could only give me 1 piece. I'm Terribly sorry. I will be refunding you today.

Me: So you will cover the 5% Paypal processing fee, right?

Todd: Yes 100%

[02/16]
Me: Thanks. Please update me once you complete the refund process.

[02/22]
Me: Any update on refund status?
I've removed this budget to another statues, please speed up the process.
[02/26]
Me: Is there any update about refunding? 10 days has gone after you reply to refund.
You have decommitted the order fulfillment first then refund processing...
Please update me as soon as possible.
[02/27]
Todd: Will refund today thanks!

[03/07]
Me: 19 days has gone. Is there any issues on the refund?
Your company has good credit in market, I do hope we can close it this time.
[03/14]
Me: Any update? When can you refund for #2370?

I'm waiting for response from SF...
That is terrible.
I sure am glad for forums and social media, information gets around fast.

I had a similar situation with a producer.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:51 AM   #13
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
i never go with small time no name businesses just to save $50 or so bucks. just pay the premium and go with established retailers with excellent reps. the extra you pay saves you the trouble and stress.
Yes. This is 100% why I'm not shopping through Spec Fiction again. It was just too much trouble and stress.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:04 AM   #14
Tony Spank
Doh!

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and I did not want my first post to be a negative one, but it will be.

I want to warn you all to stay away from this loser Spec Fiction! He is a scammer and fraud! I ordered 3 statues and lost all my deposits and he never sent me statues and could not deliver what was promised.

He is a piece of ----! stay away from this shop! He's a bastard cheat!
Tony Spank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:43 AM   #15
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

i wonder if this retailer called Secret Compass is the same. he seems to offer a lot of POs on ebay and his own site. anyone deal with this guy?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:47 AM   #16
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

That's not been my experience. I ordered a Conan: The Sacrifice and got it for what I considered a good price. There was some mix up with shipping which was ironed out and I got the statue quickly and in perfect shape. Next I ordered Arhian, Tia was delayed because Spec Fic did not pay their bill to ARH. They did make payment for my statue independently but that payment was returned by ARH. Finally, Spec Fic made payment for the whole order and ARH send out my statue. I received fair communication through this, but a lot of the payment promises Spec Fic made were not kept, hence the delay on ARH releasing the statues. Just got that statue yesterday, once again, in perfect condition. Last dealing, I asked for a discount on a future purchase because of the problems with the Arhian deal. We came to an agreement on a Hercules statue. Though it wasn't a statue I was dieing for, I did like it and couldn't resist the deal. Then I was told the statue was no longer available after I asked for an invoice a couple of times.

So... I wouldn't say Soec Fic is a cheat. I know they don't like giving money back. But in my experience, I did get what I paid for... Just had to deal with a lot of nonsense and bs.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:04 AM   #17
Tony Spank
Doh!

My experience with this pig cheat was a nightmare. He told me he could not get the statues in until it was too late for me to find them anywhere else at good prices. As a result of this pigs pathetic excuses the statues I had ordered with him had sold out everywhere else and tripled in value which basically made it impossible for me to buy them unless I paid triple on ebay! He said he would refund my deposit but never did. Useless clown!

Liar bastard cheat! Fraud and false advertising! He's a disgrace! Never order from this clown!
Tony Spank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:47 AM   #18
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Wow, sorry to hear. I purchased from Spec Fiction once and it was good overall. I changed the shipping address on him and he sent it to the old address, but he refunded me a little something for my troubles. I recently ordered an ARH Death Dealer statue so I hope I don't hear the same as you when that time comes. Hopefully, ARH honors their allocation.

Todd, you need to find out now about your orders and let your customers know ahead of time. We all know how expensive things get in the aftermarket so if possible give us a heads up so we're not scrambling around trying to find a similar deal, paying marked up prices or ending up with nothing at all. We're all passionate collectors so we expect that if we order something that the retailer will honor it. Things may be out of your control at times, but don't leave your customers in the dark. Communication is key.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 02:20 PM   #19
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Spank View Post
My experience with this pig cheat was a nightmare. He told me he could not get the statues in until it was too late for me to find them anywhere else at good prices. As a result of this pigs pathetic excuses the statues I had ordered with him had sold out everywhere else and tripled in value which basically made it impossible for me to buy them unless I paid triple on ebay! He said he would refund my deposit but never did. Useless clown!

Liar bastard cheat! Fraud and false advertising! He's a disgrace! Never order from this clown!
ouch. that went through my bones and out.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 02:20 PM   #20
dreamactius
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
i wonder if this retailer called Secret Compass is the same. he seems to offer a lot of POs on ebay and his own site. anyone deal with this guy?
I can vouch for Secret Compass being a trustworthy company. I've bought a few statues from them with no issues.
dreamactius is offline   Reply With Quote