Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-30-2016, 06:37 AM   #281
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Received email notice that IM will be arriving now between July and Sept (2017) instead of Sept to Nov...still probably just means Sept anyway
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:38 AM   #282
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I don't think that's naive at all, at least when referring to just a single statue and the completion of certain teams (original 7 Justice League, Guardians of the Galaxy etc.). Sure, there is a chance they might break even or even take a small loss on those figures but IMO, there are certain instances in which Sideshow simply has to take those kinds of risks for the sake of the collectors that have invested a lot of money into those lines looking to complete those teams. To not do so is a HUGE disservice to those customers and Sideshow risks alienating a lot of the people that made the other statues from those teams/lines so successful.
If Sideshow were to lose $5,000-$10,000 doing a Drax figure with a low edition size, the Guardians line as a whole would still be highly profitable. Same with Justice League. If they lose $5,000-$10,000 doing a low run for Martian Manhunter, they will still be highly profitable with the entire line as a whole and they will have satisfied many of the collectors looking to complete those teams. By bailing out on Guardians and original 7 Justice League with just 1 statue to go, they risk losing customers. I don't expect them to do this type of thing all the time, but when your only a single statue away from completing a major team, I believe Sideshow needs to suck it up and take one for the team. They are making MORE than enough money at this point to be able to take those kinds of risks and again, IMO they simply owe it to the fans that have purchased all of the other figures hoping to complete those teams/lines.

If Sideshow does bail on Gurdians and the original 7 Justice League before completing Drax and Martian Manhunter, I guarantee it will have a very serious impact on what future statues I buy from them. If Sideshow was hurting profits wise then I would be more understanding, but given the massive increase Sideshow has seen in profits these last 3-5 years, they have more than enough money to take a couple of risks on small runs, for the sake of giving collectors complete teams.
EXACTLY!!

And my comment is for the whole post, I just really am passionate about the bolded sections I'm so sick to death about the edition size excuse. Maybe don't make 7000 of a piece, what a concept!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:18 AM   #283
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I don't think you have a 1000 relatives....

Not that they would want such a thing even if I did...

But seriously, I think people make the mistake of thinking Sideshow is a manufacturer or something, but they really don't make anything. They pay a negotiated fee for their products to be made. It's a very different business model from manufacturing.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:28 AM   #284
COI

I agree that SS and other companies like Hot Toys, who are notorious for not completing lines and releasing the same characters over and over, really need to finish what they start.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see if they come through with Martian Manhunter, or if they sub him out with Cyborg for the movie kiddies who probably have never heard of MM.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:43 AM   #285
Demona
Martian Manhunter

MM is so underrated. Can match the levels of Superman with a whole host of other badass powers, yet gets no respect in the non-comic/animated world.

Give the MM fans their oreo in the form of a PF
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:24 PM   #286
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Manhunter is getting exposure through the Supergirl TV show. There is hope.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:37 PM   #287
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Manhunter is getting exposure through the Supergirl TV show. There is hope.
Hate to derail further but... I can't see how they cant do Manhunter, every time I doubt them making him I think .. Do the kiddies know who Killer Croc is? Who Cheetah is? Who Lobo is? Who Power girl is? who Sinestro is? This list is already deep down the DC comic rabbit hole.

Cyborg I think will be done later, if the line continues, but Sideshow has consistently gone with a classic feel over modern.

Back to the thread... Avengers Assemble!
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:06 PM   #288
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
Hate to derail further but... I can't see how they cant do Manhunter, every time I doubt them making him I think .. Do the kiddies know who Killer Croc is? Who Cheetah is? Who Lobo is? Who Power girl is? who Sinestro is? This list is already deep down the DC comic rabbit hole.

Cyborg I think will be done later, if the line continues, but Sideshow has consistently gone with a classic feel over modern.

Back to the thread... Avengers Assemble!
Well if we're going by outside media Appearances, yes Killer Croc has been in the Batman Animated Series, The Arkham Video Games and the Suicide Squad film. So yes he's a bit more familiar than some of the others you mentioned, even so, Sinestro was in Film and Animated series, Cheetah was in the animated series and animated films and Powergirl and Lobo were both in the JLU animated series.

So while we can debate the real reach of all these things DC has done a pretty awesome job at letting more of their Characters reach a wider audience than say marvel, however, that being said I see no reason why Hawkeye, Wasp, Antman and Black Panther can't be used in Statue Line ups considering their visibility right now with all the films.

...P.S. still waiting on my comic Loki PF
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:22 PM   #289
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Probably my #1 wanted statue, at the moment.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:39 PM   #290
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Yes please
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote