Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-22-2017, 07:56 PM   #221
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
He's saying that it may be impossible even for him to secure more than one.

True, but you also don't have to navigate through a crap ton of red tape to acquire their pieces or spend even more on shipping with these other companies or customs. Hell, even HMO products are easier to get and they don't have a license to sell most of their stuff in North America (i.e. MegaMan X). I wouldn't be surprised if North America and other licensed regions were at least significant to XM in some capacity.

Yeah.... that's what we're told. So a few convention exclusives makes them more money than normal retail sales and provides more brand recognition?
North America is insignificant to XM because all statues allocated are to direct buyers in their territories.

We (you and I) get our statues from...not XM. I keep trying to stress that XM has a very, very small percentage of owners in the US that own their products.

Many of the people on Facebook that buy and own XM statues are not from US. They are all over, many in Singapore, Canada, UK, etc.

More people are wanting XM statues damn near on a daily basis from what I see on Facebook fan pages, etc. Many just have been prevented either due to not knowing about them, not being able to afford it for whatever reason (shipping, cost of statue, etc.), and the biggest reason I see is...many don't know HOW to get XM statues. We on the forum know how more or less, but I would say a good 75% - 80% of XM fans don't even frequent the forums. They are on Radd Titan, general XM fan pages, and other places.

Lastly, it XM did exclusives for half of their statues at every con, then I would be more understanding to your issues with them, but candy...Phoenix is the 1 exclusive at this years STGCC. Here's a thought....she isn't even close to being the most impressive thing there....IMO. Hulkbuster is not exclusive at STGCC, Optimus is not exclusive, White Magneto is not exclusive, Doc Ock isn't, Predator isn't, etc.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:01 PM   #222
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I want a xm G1 Optimus prime!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:07 PM   #223
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
You are going to have a huge amount of decisions to make with what to get CBG.

I can't even begin to fathom the multiple Transformers they will have to show at STGCC. If you think Optimus is impressive....Starscream is just as impressive. Megatron I am hoping will be seen in some form or other as well.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:23 PM   #224
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
North America is insignificant to XM because all statues allocated are to direct buyers in their territories.

We (you and I) get our statues from...not XM. I keep trying to stress that XM has a very, very small percentage of owners in the US that own their products.

Many of the people on Facebook that buy and own XM statues are not from US. They are all over, many in Singapore, Canada, UK, etc.

More people are wanting XM statues damn near on a daily basis from what I see on Facebook fan pages, etc. Many just have been prevented either due to not knowing about them, not being able to afford it for whatever reason (shipping, cost of statue, etc.), and the biggest reason I see is...many don't know HOW to get XM statues. We on the forum know how more or less, but I would say a good 75% - 80% of XM fans don't even frequent the forums. They are on Radd Titan, general XM fan pages, and other places.

Lastly, it XM did exclusives for half of their statues at every con, then I would be more understanding to your issues with them, but candy...Phoenix is the 1 exclusive at this years STGCC. Here's a thought....she isn't even close to being the most impressive thing there....IMO. Hulkbuster is not exclusive at STGCC, Optimus is not exclusive, White Magneto is not exclusive, Doc Ock isn't, Predator isn't, etc.
Unless you have a business relationship with XM you are just speculating as to how much product ends up in NA.

Judging from the large number of grey market sellers on the BST groups, it's clear that there is a significant amount of XM statues being distributed in the grey market. We can't know for certain if that's a direct distribution channel from XM or side deals negotiated by athorized distributors who can't move enough product in the licensed markets.

How do you explain the pics of the HUGE warehouse of XM statues from just one single grey market distributor? Why are there even grey market distributors with warehouses full of XM statues for sale?

Bottom line is you don't see this massive grey market activity with Prime 1 or Sideshow on the BST groups because they can dump their excess inventory via normal distribution channels in licensed markets (US, EU, Japan, China etc). XM doesn't have access to all these massive markets and IMO they can ONLY move them through grey market distributors. If they were selling all their inventory in authorized markets you wouldn't see pics like the ones I posted.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:54 PM   #225
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post

They were all sold at previous conventions or XM events prior to STGCC '17. Hell, Hulkbuster was exclusive and hard to find before XM recently allowed some allocation to their regular retailers.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:56 PM   #226
IXEC
Hellboy

When you register your xm statues from the USA with XM, you can see how many are here in the States....it often under 50 and closer to just 30 on average for each issued statue.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Unless you have a business relationship with XM you are just speculating as to how much product ends up in NA.

Judging from the large number of grey market sellers on the BST groups, it's clear that there is a significant amount of XM statues being distributed in the grey market. We can't know for certain if that's a direct distribution channel from XM or side deals negotiated by athorized distributors who can't move enough product in the licensed markets.

How do you explain the pics of the HUGE warehouse of XM statues from just one single grey market distributor? Why are there even grey market distributors with warehouses full of XM statues for sale?

Bottom line is you don't see this massive grey market activity with Prime 1 or Sideshow on the BST groups because they can dump their excess inventory via normal distribution channels in licensed markets (US, EU, Japan, China etc). XM doesn't have access to all these massive markets and IMO they can ONLY move them through grey market distributors. If they were selling all their inventory in authorized markets you wouldn't see pics like the ones I posted.
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:15 PM   #227
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXEC View Post
When you register your xm statues from the USA with XM, you can see how many are here in the States....it often under 50 and closer to just 30 on average for each issued statue.........
true, but again it's just speculating that vast numbers of buyers register. What % of people register their TVs, Stereos etc when they buy? I'd bet the # of people registering their XM statues is a small % of total buyers.

But regardless, that still doesn't address the large number of pieces being distributed via grey market sellers. Seen this with boutique high end watches, where it's usually a sign of authorized dealers who can't move their inventory, so they offload them onto grey market resellers and give them an allocation of some high demand pieces to sweeten the pot.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:45 PM   #228
IXEC
Hellboy

Well... I would think more do register than don't because of counterfeits......

Quote:
true, but again it's just speculating that vast numbers of buyers register. What % of people register their TVs, Stereos etc when they buy? I'd bet the # of people registering their XM statues is a small % of total buyers.

But regardless, that still doesn't address the large number of pieces being distributed via grey market sellers. Seen this with boutique high end watches, where it's usually a sign of authorized dealers who can't move their inventory, so they offload them onto grey market resellers and give them an allocation of some high demand pieces to sweeten the pot.
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:41 PM   #229
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The problem is Marvel has restricted this to Asian market. If it was worldwide, it wouldn't be the issue.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:45 PM   #230
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:

I have yet to register a single one of my XM pieces.

Quote:
We probably won't see it addressed, although it's pretty damn disturbing and discouraging. Basically, XM is part of the problem.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote