Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-05-2018, 10:50 PM   #1711
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Other than having shorter gloves I’d say it’s pretty much astonishing. No?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Yeah it's astonishing with a little sideshow flavour.
I agree with that. I do wish they would have gone with the longer gloves, but it doesn't bother me.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:00 AM   #1712
demonhunter
Kingpin

Sideshow artists and sculptors will always infuse a bit of their own creative flavour into the character designs and costumes but will ultimately be subject to the brand custodian's approval, Marvel's approval.

So it's all good. It's based on costumes Wolverine had worn before, but enhanced with additional details and altered with creative license to give it that Sideshow flair if I could say.

For me, I wouldn't want it to be exactly as it was in the 2D comics portrayals. I'm always excited to see what SS would come up with based on existing designs in the comics counterparts.

I'd have loved longer gloves too, but not a deal breaker for me. Get to see more hairy arm.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:06 AM   #1713
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Other than having shorter gloves I’d say it’s pretty much astonishing. No?
I thought it was more than that...but I am not an expert : )

I like this statue, but no way will I pay anything close to retail for a SS statue ever again...I learned that lesson the hard way.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:22 AM   #1714
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

What do you guys think ?

Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:23 AM   #1715
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I thought it was more than that...but I am not an expert : )

I like this statue, but no way will I pay anything close to retail for a SS statue ever again...I learned that lesson the hard way.
It's mainly the Astonishing costume with tweaks. There's more texturing and a little padding effect around his knees (to go along with his shorter gloves), but for the most part, the rest of his costume is based on his Astonishing look. Even the short gloves have been used before on another costume. He wore them in Madripoor when he was Patch. Sideshow did a little mixing and matching with this costume but the Astonishing colors and stripe patterns are clear to see on this PF.

I'm a pretty big stickler for comic accuracy and none of the liberties taken with this costume bother me in the slightest. I'm actually hoping that we get an Astonishing based Cyclops and Colossus next. They are my 2nd favorite costumes for those characters (Byrne is my favorite). If the Astonishing costumes are the inspiration for any upcoming male X-MEN PFs, that'll be all good in my book.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:25 AM   #1716
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I really want this to be awesome as a fan of character and a buyer of this but Sideshow seriously needs to consider the deception of what they are doing to customers. This ships in 1 month tentatively and these pics are the final product because there is no time to change anything now. I’m just confused
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:31 AM   #1717
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
What do you guys think ?

The lean and the mutton chops that are exposed at the edge of his mask are the only things that bother me about the pics you posted. The lean is self explanatory. The side burns peeking out at the edge of his mask just looks like a sloppy paint job from further away. Like they couldn't paint a proper edge on the mask. Other than that, I think the piece looks great.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:39 AM   #1718
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:47 AM   #1719
FJC
Midnighter

Yeah, that lean is definitely there. It's as clear as day to see in the 1st pic Subby posted above.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #1720
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Looks great

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote