Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-07-2023, 01:22 AM   #851
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Photo is by KidulTube (Korean YouTuber)
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 01:30 AM   #852
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
Photo is by KidulTube (Korean YouTuber)
Thanks!
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 02:00 AM   #853
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
Anyone know who the photographer was?
Are they only allowed to take one picture or something, or wasn't he/she allowed to take any pictures at all?

Would have helped if the person took a bunch of pics of this highly anticipated release!
I get the feeling this is the least anticipated piece from JND so far....nobody wants it.

I understand that JND's The Batman is moving very slowly at the Retailers, because there's so much competition. And let's be honest, the competition is only marginally better or worse in terms of design concept, but in every case better priced.

With Mera, there's no competition (I'm not counting the 1:1 bust - but that's not selling great either)....personally, I think JND should have cut this piece from their range....yes, she's a good looking figure, but is she a must have? I wish they had gone with Jason Momoa Aquaman himself instead - especially now, as we know he's leaving the role, and time is running out to get a great 1/3 Hyper real version of him
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 04:07 AM   #854
Billy Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I get the feeling this is the least anticipated piece from JND so far....nobody wants it.

I understand that JND's The Batman is moving very slowly at the Retailers, because there's so much competition. And let's be honest, the competition is only marginally better or worse in terms of design concept, but in every case better priced.

With Mera, there's no competition (I'm not counting the 1:1 bust - but that's not selling great either)....personally, I think JND should have cut this piece from their range....yes, she's a good looking figure, but is she a must have? I wish they had gone with Jason Momoa Aquaman himself instead - especially now, as we know he's leaving the role, and time is running out to get a great 1/3 Hyper real version of him

JND Jason Mamoa Aquaman, that would look pretty cool, I hope they do that!

Regarding the least favorite...idk it's hard in my experience when someone gets cancelled their stuff becomes very limited/rare.
Only time will tell I guess, we will see what the value of this piece will end up being.
Perhaps years from now people will still be selling it for retail prices

Personally this is my most anticipated release, granted this is my first JND piece.

I can see the Superman JND piece becoming a grail since it will apparently be Cavill's last superman portrayal.

the mera bust here in EU is pretty hard to get, at most places its sold out or everyone is adding 1500 euros on top of the retail price.
Old 01-07-2023, 04:31 AM   #855
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

In the prototype photo, the statues were (intentionally or not) illuminated with blue light. You can see that on the armor. As a result, the skin and hair colors are distorted or look much more natural.
I still think that the prototype could have a better painting
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 06:02 AM   #856
sabin23
Birdman

I'm not jumping to any conclusions.

That recent production shot looks like there's a shadow cast on Mera's face, so much of the detail cannot be seen.

The prototype photo has better lighting.

We'll see, won't be too much longer.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 06:35 AM   #857
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
Regarding the least favorite...idk it's hard in my experience when someone gets cancelled their stuff becomes very limited/rare.

I can see the Superman JND piece becoming a grail since it will apparently be Cavill's last superman portrayal.
Agreed, but I think the situation between A.H and H.C. are night and day different. People were losing their minds at the prospect of Cavill putting on the cape again, and were equally losing their minds when they found out he'd been canned.

In stark contrast, people were losing their minds at the thought of A.H. retaining any presence in the DCU what-so-ever.

There will always be people who - go their own way, like you, and buy what they like, how they like it - but the vast majority of people are sheep, and even though they lust after Amber, if "society" says she's persona non grata they'll actively avoid anything related to her......it's just the way it is, and the sales of this JND piece is reflecting that.
Old 01-07-2023, 07:11 AM   #858
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Agreed, but I think the situation between A.H and H.C. are night and day different. People were losing their minds at the prospect of Cavill putting on the cape again, and were equally losing their minds when they found out he'd been canned.

In stark contrast, people were losing their minds at the thought of A.H. retaining any presence in the DCU what-so-ever.

There will always be people who - go their own way, like you, and buy what they like, how they like it - but the vast majority of people are sheep, and even though they lust after Amber, if "society" says she's persona non grata they'll actively avoid anything related to her......it's just the way it is, and the sales of this JND piece is reflecting that.
I've read so many comments saying they would boycott Aquaman 2 if she had any screen time at all.

I personally think it's silly, but then I think a lot of things on social media is silly. Especially when it gets political I get annoyed by the extremes of both sides.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 07:57 AM   #859
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I've read so many comments saying they would boycott Aquaman 2 if she had any screen time at all.

I personally think it's silly, but then I think a lot of things on social media is silly. Especially when it gets political I get annoyed by the extremes of both sides.
Everyone is a douche bag, by degrees. Everyone has done morally questionable things in the past, by degrees. No one is a Saint. We've all told lies, we've all cheated....

Why we put these actors and actresses up on pedestals is beyond me.....it's not going to smell any better if you use the toilet straight after me, or Gal Gadot. Henry Cavill likely hits the seat when aiming for the bowl.

These guys and gals are doing a (very well paid) day job - period. They're not here to be shining examples of humanity, anymore than we ourselves are.

Sure Amber Heard did some "sh*tty" things - but she still looks great. My statue of Mera isn't like a shrine to A.H. - looking at the statue isn't going to pull A.H. into my home like some Candyman evil spirit, so.....I'll probably keep my pre-order
Old 01-07-2023, 09:08 AM   #860
Billy Talent

Everything would have been fine if Amber picked me instead of Johnny!