Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Arrow Disney acquire rights to Indiana Jones.

http://m.imdb.com/news/ni56514335/
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Not surprising. People were talking about how there wouldn't be an Indiana Jones without Harrison Ford. I thought that was a joke as soon as George Lucas sold out.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

If they can come up with good stories and a suitable replacement I'd love to see a new movie. The last one was such a disappointment.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
If they can come up with good stories and a suitable replacement I'd love to see a new movie. The last one was such a disappointment.
I didn't think the Crystal Skull was as bad as most. But it wasn't better than Last Crusade. I think the Fate of Atlantis comic and some of the paperback books were better stories than Crystal Skull. But I haven't read those since I was a kid.

With Indiana Jones I just think it's a dangerous area to go and try a reboot with a new actor. I'm sure someone that thinks they are smart might try the new James Bond approach and reboot for modern times. Financially it looks sound but creatively those three Bond movies aren't as good as Connery's first three.

I would rather they create a new pulp adventure character than reboot Indiana Jones. Or even go with an Athena Voltaire or Sydney Fox (Relic Hunter) movie rather than a new Indiana Jones. Or even a good Lara Croft movie...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I give it six months until the announcement of a reboot and a release date. They are rebooting everything else, so why not Indy with a "new actor for a new generation of moviegoers". And not that they shouldn't. Harrison Ford is too old to star in these movies. Arnold is too old to be The Terminator or Conan. They might give them decent supporting role or cameo as a way to transition, but this will be about putting the franchise in the hands of some hot actor in his 20s/30s and churning out three flicks over ten years. And this won't be a case of Lucas, Spielberg and Ford doing it when they feel like it and they have a script that they like, it will be a three picture deal made from the get-go with specific timelines.

At the end of the day it will be up to the movie going public as to whether they will accept a new actor in the fedora with the bullwhip.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Did you enjoy the tv series?
Old 12-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Channing Tatum would make an amazing Indiana Jones.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Arnold will reprise his roles both as Conan and Terminator. Not too old after all it seems.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #9
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Channing Tatum would make an amazing Indiana Jones.
Stop trolling LOL.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #10
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I think one of the hardest things will be for an actor to figure out how he's going to play the character. Does he just channel Ford or does he try to make the role completely his own? I mean Ford had such a nuanced performance -- from the facial expressions, to the fly by the seat of his pants attitude, to the genuine reactions, to the charm and wit. It's hard to imagine anyone doing it better. However if you've ever watched how River Phoenix played young Indy at the beginning of the third movie, it was pretty amazing how well he channeled Ford's mannerisms.

If they try to get someone to kind of play it like Ford not exactly it could come off as a pale portrayal similar to Brandon Routh kind of doing Christopher Reeve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Arnold will reprise his roles both as Conan and Terminator. Not too old after all it seems.
I'm still not convinced that's going to be the case when these things are actually firmly into production. Arnold has not exactly been lighting the box office on fire and his clout is fading fast. I'm not sure the studios are going to risk letting him anchor a tentpole franchise. Maybe as King Conan to transition to a young Conan that will take up the franchise. As for Terminator they might try the CGI thing like in Salvation, but doubtful. Or he might be a Terminator, but not the Terminator.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote