Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-02-2015, 02:37 PM   #41
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
This really demonstrates your lack of understanding to the Marvel/Fox situation. Anyway, don't see how this relates to that.
no I understand it just fine. and it relates perfectly. if they are willing to kill off 2 of the largest franchises in the comic world than Tron isn't even going to be a blip on their radar. I wish all you fans the best of luck in getting your movie, I just don't think Mickey gives a damn anymore.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #42
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
no I understand it just fine. and it relates perfectly. if they are willing to kill off 2 of the largest franchises in the comic world than Tron isn't even going to be a blip on their radar. I wish all you fans the best of luck in getting your movie, I just don't think Mickey gives a damn anymore.
If you understand it why would you say they're doing what they're doing "just to spite Fox"? Let's assume you do understand (with it having nothing to do with "spite"), the Tron situation still has no resemblance to the Fox one. Disney is trying to force Fox into cooperating with them in order to try and get both X-Men and Fantastic Four back under their umbrella. You see? No spite. It's a tactical business move. Will it work? Who knows, but they certainly expect something in return for all their efforts. To claim it's simply out of "spite" suggests Disney is just getting a kick out of messing with Fox and irritating fans. Such statements just makes that person sound bitter, especially if they really do understand the situation.

With Tron they simply don't have faith in the franchise's ability to bring them the profit they think other franchises will in the foreseeable future. There is no other company to contend with over license rights. Disney owns Tron.... no one else. So in what way is this situation similar to the one against Fox?

The petition is an attempt by fans to demonstrate there is demand. It probably won't work because it's still difficult to determine how much demand there really is but you never know.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:41 AM   #43
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

We can blame Tomorrowland for why Tron is being put on hold. Tomorrowland is an expensive big visual futurism movie that so far is extermely under performing. Given that Tron has the same target audience, I can see why Disney is weary about dumping another $200+ million on a Tron sequel.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:40 PM   #44
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
We can blame Tomorrowland for why Tron is being put on hold. Tomorrowland is an expensive big visual futurism movie that so far is extermely under performing. Given that Tron has the same target audience, I can see why Disney is weary about dumping another $200+ million on a Tron sequel.
Too bad too - Tomorrowland is really good. It deserved more in the theaters
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:39 AM   #45
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Sure we can't blame it on john carter?