Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-22-2021, 12:10 AM   #61
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I would take either version of Z, but I very much understand Chad is in the business to make money. Top Hat is the cash money move for max purchasers IMO. Perez is niche. IF we get a Perez version, I hope she has a change-of-head that doesn't have the red serpent (??) as an option.

Oh and for the tux version - if she is rocking a yellow cummerbund - I'm out. I like black and white tux look.
I went and looked at various images of Zatanna on the internet and she actually wore different colors of cummerbunds. Back in her first appearances it was a dark mustard yellow but over time it changed to purple and red and white and black. I do have to admit if they did the top hat and fishnet look a yellow cummerbund would be my last choice but I do not think it would stop me from purchasing, providing I like the statue as a whole.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 06:48 AM   #62
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I went and looked at various images of Zatanna on the internet and she actually wore different colors of cummerbunds. Back in her first appearances it was a dark mustard yellow but over time it changed to purple and red and white and black. I do have to admit if they did the top hat and fishnet look a yellow cummerbund would be my last choice but I do not think it would stop me from purchasing, providing I like the statue as a whole.
The color, if used, wouldn't be a deal breaker for me either.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:51 AM   #63
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Prime 1.

And Koto

Neither of those are cumberbunds. Those are vests
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:56 AM   #64
jeremydmc
Black Panther

True, they are not cumberbunds but I knew what Demona was referring too.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:57 AM   #65
mmk123

oh, that is a vest? Ok, well whatever it is it would not be a dealbreaker. The animated Zatanna statue that DC did years ago they painted her vest purple which actually looked quite sharp.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:23 AM   #66
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I guess technically it is more of a corset/vest...
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 10:30 AM   #67
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I like the Prime 1. Pretty sure I can’t afford the Prime 1. But that is how I associate her. And It would be an instant buy for me if Chad made her this way. But let’s just wait and see what he has a brewing. I am sure it will be fabulous. (Now let’s shift this conversation to Hawkgirl). Lol. Just kidding/sayin.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:19 AM   #68
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Right. It's not really a vest or cummerbund. Its some odd as hell yellow thing that I don't want on my Zatanna statue

And I don't like the Prime 1 piece at all. I have no idea why people think its great. I really don't.

I want the Adam Hughes Zatanna. White and Black outfit, fishnets, and pumps. Not boots. Sideshow nailed everything about their piece clothing wise. Give me that statue in smaller scale please. Oh and we need Constantine. Not looking melted please.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:30 AM   #69
mmk123

The Adam Hughes Zatanna Covergirls statue is a fantastic statue. I had owned it at one point in time but no longer.

I do not mind the boots. I do think it gives the costume a little more of a modern touch. However if we do see the tuxedo out Zatanna it has to have the fishnets. I guess what will matter is what DC gives the final approval for Chad to produce.
Old 01-22-2021, 11:33 AM   #70
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Right. It's not really a vest or cummerbund. Its some odd as hell yellow thing that I don't want on my Zatanna statue

And I don't like the Prime 1 piece at all. I have no idea why people think its great. I really don't.

I want the Adam Hughes Zatanna. White and Black outfit, fishnets, and pumps. Not boots. Sideshow nailed everything about their piece clothing wise. Give me that statue in smaller scale please. Oh and we need Constantine. Not looking melted please.
Waistcoat? Strange under-bust waistcoat.

The Hughes Cover Girls Zatanna is still one of the best (and most expensive) pieces from that line.

If Tweeterhead does go for the magician look, anyone think they'll go for mixed media fishnets? Most companies have, from 1/8 to 1/3.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote