Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-22-2021, 12:17 PM   #481
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I think me and you can only agree on anything every 1/20 times, so yeah, sounds about right.

Curious, how much of Spider-Man in the symbiote have you read?
A lot peedi. Most of my collection is black suit Spiderman from art to comics to statues . It’s ok to disagree . Nothing wrong with that .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:18 PM   #482
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
The statue of it loses that in translation, it's brightly colored and just in a pose. Sometimes the translation of 2d art to 3d loses the symbolism and meaning.
Yes that’s true. Happens often.
Peedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:39 PM   #483
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
A lot peedi. Most of my collection is black suit Spiderman from art to comics to statues . It’s ok to disagree . Nothing wrong with that .
Lol I was just saying that to you the other day when you went into your whole “don’t have the balls” tirade.

I’m asking because this dark, brooding or mean attitude perception of the Symbiote is from the Animated Series and Spider-Man 3. “The Saga of the Alien Costume” was one of the earliest TPBs I bought using my allowance as a kid. It’s still on my bookshelf.

Peter’s attitude was normal the entire 8 month long story. Also his musculature didn’t look any different. The Symbiote didn’t have or express any emotions until AFTER Peter separated from it and left it imprisoned with Mr. Fantastic.

As for the mood of this PF, Sideshow makes what they want. Right down to the Symbiote swirls around the base which aren’t accurate to Peter wearing it. I guess they have the same perception from the cartoon and movie?
Old 01-22-2021, 01:53 PM   #484
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Ordered. This guy is too good to pass up. That 5000 ES will be gobbled up too.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:00 PM   #485
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Lol I was just saying that to you the other day when you went into your whole “don’t have the balls” tirade.

I’m asking because this dark, brooding or mean attitude perception of the Symbiote is from the Animated Series and Spider-Man 3. “The Saga of the Alien Costume” was one of the earliest TPBs I bought using my allowance as a kid. It’s still on my bookshelf.

Peter’s attitude was normal the entire 8 month long story. Also his musculature didn’t look any different. The Symbiote didn’t have or express any emotions until AFTER Peter separated from it and left it imprisoned with Mr. Fantastic.

As for the mood of this PF, Sideshow makes what they want. Right down to the Symbiote swirls around the base which aren’t accurate to Peter wearing it. I guess they have the same perception from the cartoon and movie?
Actually the dark brooding black suit Spiderman tone was set in Kravens Last Hunt !
Old 01-22-2021, 02:09 PM   #486
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Here are some great examples of 1980s covers that set tone for black suit

Old 01-22-2021, 02:21 PM   #487
GaryTonge
Kingpin

The original Alien Saga was light hearted. Frankly, it was more about Spidey's and Black Cat's relationship than anything else.

The "dark" attitude with the black suit was post Venom.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 06:04 PM   #488
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
The original Alien Saga was light hearted. Frankly, it was more about Spidey's and Black Cat's relationship than anything else.

The "dark" attitude with the black suit was post Venom.
Point exactly.

Kraven’s Last Hunt is set after the Alien Saga and Peter wore the black costume made by Black Cat. The Symbiote had already left.

Also during those years in the comic he alternated costumes between the classic and black.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:16 PM   #489
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Here are some great examples of 1980s covers that set tone for black suit

This is the only image you posted where it’s actually the Symbiote. I’m actually glad you posted it.

This issue takes place after the original Alien Saga.

It’s the final follow up where the Symbiote escaped from Mr. Fantastic’s lab and attached to Peter for the 2nd time. It establishes that Symbiotes are emotionless. And they typically bond to emotionless beings. The Symbiote only learned emotion FROM Peter, the complete opposite of what some think. The Symbiote didn’t make Peter dark, Peter rejected it and made it hateful.

Later stories support this. During the Red Goblin storyline Flash gives the Symbiote to Peter again and explicitly says don’t give it that anger again.

Venom has expressed this on multiple occasions.

In the original story, I can see it right now on my bookshelf, the Symbiote had never expressed any emotions (nor did it alter any emotions for Peter) until after it was imprisoned in Reed’s lab.

Geek Out complete.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:38 PM   #490
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Venom has expressed this on multiple occasions.
omg, that's the worst Spidey art I've ever seen.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote