Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-22-2021, 11:37 AM   #71
SDguy

I'm not a fan of pumps at all... they looked especially bad on the Covergirls Raven statue, but I can get over it. I do really like the chippendales look of the bare chest area, and just the bow tie collar.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:38 AM   #72
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I would think that they would have to go for mixed media fishnets to get the proper look. The Adam Hughes Covergirls Black Canary statue has mixed media fishnets and it looks fantastic (that is one statue I will never part with unless somehow a 1/6th scale of that statue was produced).
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:39 AM   #73
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I would think that they would have to go for mixed media fishnets to get the proper look. The Adam Hughes Covergirls Black Canary statue has mixed media fishnets and it looks fantastic (that is one statue I will never part with unless somehow a 1/6th scale of that statue was produced).
I don't know of any statue that has done sculpted fishnets... the paint app on that would be a nightmare.
Old 01-22-2021, 11:45 AM   #74
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I was surprised the Adam Hughes Covergirl Z did not have fishnets since Black Canary did. That's the only thing I was not happy about with the AH Zatanna.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:47 AM   #75
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I don't know of any statue that has done sculpted fishnets... the paint app on that would be a nightmare.
GG Sucker punch girls and Artemisia all have sculpted and painted fishnets.

grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:51 AM   #76
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
GG Sucker punch girls and Artemisia all have sculpted and painted fishnets.

That's impressive! Still, I'd rather not TH try painting fishnets on 1/6 scale statues.
Old 01-22-2021, 11:59 AM   #77
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
That's impressive!
I still don't know how they did it. especially on Artemisia
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:12 PM   #78
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The highboots cut off the fishnets too much for my liking, hence me liking pumps with the fishnets. Either high boots with no fishnets or fishnets with pumps. Black Canary can do fishnets and boots because her boots are not thigh high.

And I like "strange under-bust waistcoat". It's a mouthful but sums up my dislike of that yellow monstrosity.

Lets put it all this way - I am TBD on whether I'm getting Z because I need to see her design. She is one character I know what I like and I know what I don't. There is no middle ground. I'm sure she will be stunning regardless of outfit, but the outfit makes or breaks this one for me in the tux look. Her Perez look is a whole different animal because we've never seen that in statue form to even have comparisons, so if that's made and looks good I'm more inclined because I'm less picky about it.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:44 PM   #79
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I was surprised the Adam Hughes Covergirl Z did not have fishnets since Black Canary did. That's the only thing I was not happy about with the AH Zatanna.
It is strange, but I guess they didn't want to double dip on fishnets in the same group, so Black Canary won. Some of his Zatanna art does have bare legs.

I'd probably be down for any stage magician Zatanna. Fishnets, waistcoat, or not. So long as the portrait is good.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:48 PM   #80
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I would love to see some Zatanna solo stories written by Paul Dini again. I enjoyed her series that he wrote. Not sure if she could support an ongoing solo series but I think a mini series every year and maybe some one shots throw in would be great.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote