Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

If you have a hamster, read on ....

My daughter's hampster got away yesterday. Needless to say, we were pretty nervous as we have a Lab that would like use it like a killer whale plays with a seal. Our daughters love the thing and would be crushed if it died or was lost permenantly.

If this happens to you, here is what we did to find the little critter:

We loaded up the food dish in the cage and placed it on the floor with the door open. In the morning, it was sleeping in it's nest. Viola, crisis averted and the kids never found out (needless to say the dog never found it either).
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:48 PM   #2
Meta Jon
Daredevil

Our kids hamster got out too, we tried that but it was too stupid to find the food. We found it dead behind some funiture after a few days...
Meta Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:15 PM   #3
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Here's an awful, but true, story:

Two years ago we had a birthday party for my son, now 10. It was a great party, everyone had a good time, Sam (my son) was on top of the world. A few kids stayed late and so they went up to Sam's room to play with the hampster. Out from his room came a blood-curdling scream! The damn thing died on his birthday! Tears, snot, gasping, wheezing...it broke our hearts. The poor kid. What a terrible thing to happen on his birthday.

Haven't bought another since. He doesn't want one. Fortunately he keeps our two golden retrievers plenty busy.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:34 PM   #4
sellin71
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Ours got out when I was a kid, I was yelling at my Mom to help me catch it and she came running into the room to see what was going. She flung the door open, took two steps and stepped on it. Killed it grave yard dead, its innards were outtards. Horrible memory from my childhood.
sellin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:44 AM   #5
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

here's one for you, my cousin had 2 hamster a male and female, about 5 months later he had about 12 in a cage running around. His father was a miserable SOB and one day when he was drunk was so pipssed at my cousin he decided to play let's throw the hamster out a 9 story project window onto the street pavement. He started tossing those hamster like he was playing darts at a bar. I cousin went screaming to the street, only 2 survived the fall and hit the grass, the original male and female. I couldnt tell those damn things apart, but he could. He picked them up and went up stairs crying and his mom helped him sneak them in. I saw those damn things lying bloody. I never liked hamsters but that was wrong
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:10 AM   #6
Synergy
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
here's one for you, my cousin had 2 hamster a male and female, about 5 months later he had about 12 in a cage running around. His father was a miserable SOB and one day when he was drunk was so pipssed at my cousin he decided to play let's throw the hamster out a 9 story project window onto the street pavement. He started tossing those hamster like he was playing darts at a bar. I cousin went screaming to the street, only 2 survived the fall and hit the grass, the original male and female. I couldnt tell those damn things apart, but he could. He picked them up and went up stairs crying and his mom helped him sneak them in. I saw those damn things lying bloody. I never liked hamsters but that was wrong

Thats just seriously F#$#ed up man....
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:40 AM   #7
Tattoo-S
Mrs. Wookie~'Venger's Girl~GORE Princess~Silly Sister~Beast Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellin71
Ours got out when I was a kid, I was yelling at my Mom to help me catch it and she came running into the room to see what was going. She flung the door open, took two steps and stepped on it. Killed it grave yard dead, its innards were outtards. Horrible memory from my childhood.
What a terrible story....I am so sorry for your loss, childhood trauma's are the worst. The become adult fears and nighmares.........tragic.
Tattoo-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:24 AM   #8
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:10 AM   #9
rychehitman
Galactus

JG, glad the lil guy came back!

Ours have escapes several times, but luckily I always find them behind the washer and dryer!

I am the night owl of the house. One time, I had no idea one was on the loose, and around 4am, as I was drifting off on the floor watching tv, i saw this little furry thing crawling towrds me on the floor! Freaked me out but good! I grabbed him, and all was well. We have 2 kids, 2 dogs, and a cat and thankfully none of them have ever managed to hurt the little suckers!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:09 AM   #10
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellin71
That's weird - I have a smilar story. My little brother an I always had hampsters when we were young and we played a game where we would let them loose in a room with the lights off for about 30 seconds or so while we waited in the next room. We would then turn on the lights and scramble to find them. One time as I was running into the room, I saw my brother's hampster and went to kneel down to pick it up and it darted under my knee .... crunch. It wasn't instant death as I was able to avert all of my weight on the little guy. It had very labored breathing but wouldn't expire. We pleaded with my mom to do something so she took us to the vet who tried to bring it back but ended up having to put it down. I am sure she spent a pretty penny in what she knew was a lost cause ... Man, talk about feeling bad - I feel terrible about that to this day.
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote