Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-31-2014, 03:26 PM   #1
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Statueforum truisms...............

1. No matter what character a thread is started about, someone will always post about wanting a different one.
2. If a thread is started about a museum pose statue, someone will post preferring an action pose. (and vice versa)
3. No matter how a statue is shipped (e.g. USPS, UPS, FEDEX) some will post about their bad experience with that shipper.
4. Although it clearly states on their website there will continue to be complaints about Bowen not shipping overseas.
5. No matter how low a member lists a collectible in the B/S/T section someone will always try to get it cheaper from him/her.
6. The paint used on statues will ultimately end in requests for darker or lighter.
7. Whatever is shown as the exclusive will result in comments about what would have been a better choice for the exclusive.
8. Since SF has so many experts in movie/TV role casting no matter who is cast in a role there are tons of recommendations of whom would be better in the role.
9. No matter how perfect a statue is, someone will always customize it.
10. Members will continue to ask (on the forum) on how to obtain a non-licensed character sculpt shown on the forum.
11. SF is still the best statue/comic forum on the internet.

Got any more?
Old 01-31-2014, 03:51 PM   #2
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
12) after the first pictures taken with a mobile phone and bad lightning people will always start to panic.s
13) edition size is always to high, except it you couldn't buy one when the statue was available.
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:44 PM   #3
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

• No matter how good a deal you got on a great statue, some one will post how they got it cheaper. Or if you sold an older piece for a great price, they sold theirs for more.

• Everything is a grail. Or if it's not a grail it soon will be. Grail, Grail, Grail, Grail, Grail . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grail.

• At some point in your SF life, you will create a 'dud thread'. You know the ones. They're the thread with lots of looks but not one single post. And no matter how many times you check in to see if anyone posted, it just sits there empty. After a while you can't wait till it gets pushed off the page so you don't have to see it there mocking you every single day.

• Internal SF polling has shown that Aussie members make the best lovers. It's science.

• With 72,000 SF members here and a conservative collection estimate of about $5K per member, that's $360,000,000 in pooled capital. I say we all buy an island somewhere and party !!!
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:29 PM   #4
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

No matter how disappointed, dejected and down right disgusted you are with your new Sideshow statue which looks nothing like the prototype, and has the ability to "stare" at opposite sides of the room simultaneously...... Some bright SF member will take time out to remind you how silly you were to expect your expensive statue to resemble the advertised product.......and should you be silly enough to actually document and share your sadness with a photo of said product, Sideshow apologists will belittle your warning by drawing attention to your, non professional, photographic skills and lack of ability to bend light, and will either call you blind or a liar.....or both.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
thx217
Ultimates

lol. Keep it coming guys.

11. SF is still the best statue/comic forum on the internet.

Fact.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:46 PM   #6
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
  • Internal SF polling has shown that Aussie members make the best lovers. It's science.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:22 PM   #7
Sithlord32
New Republic

- When a statue is announced or sneaked or previewed someone at least once a day will ask when do you think it will be available for PO and that will follow suit to at least 2 posts per day on the estimated cost followed by 3 posts per day on the ES.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:24 PM   #8
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Where is the data to support such a claim. Proof or didn't happen!
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:04 PM   #9
Atheris
The Maxx

~No matter how many collectibles you own or buy, there's always someone else with something you wish you had.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:33 PM   #10
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

- If you've only seen pictures of a statue, your opinion that it looks bad doesn't count.
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote