Kindly Asked To Leave

Ah yeah, poor leplant stepped into a trap
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #292
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig88 View Post
Prejudice is coming in here and saying that SS's WW absolutely destroys any of XM's offerings solely because they're XM. All I was saying is that WW holds up against anything XM has put out, and save for Magneto and Phoenix, I feel she does. That's my opinion, and it doesn't make me prejudiced for having it. Beyond that, it's worth noting that I have Phoenix on order, as well as Ms. Marvel, and fully intend to secure myself a She Hulk as well. In fact, aside from Kier, my budget next year is almost fully dedicated to XM. So no, not prejudiced. If someone had come in saying "so-and-so SS statue totally smokes XM's Hulk, who's kicking ass in design now?", I would have pointed them towards Magneto. I buy from both, I support both, I will go to bat for both, where appropriate, mind you. Neither company is beyond reproach.

As for my irritation towards the XM vs. SS debate, let me clarify a little. I'm not tired of the debate, I'm simply tired of how pervasive it is. There are a couple threads dedicated to it, and I feel those are the areas where it should stay. It doesn't need a million threads, nor does it need to invade any. On that note, it's a damn shame to see your thread closed because there was a lot of genuinely good discussion devoid of senseless bashing going on in there. Would rather have seen the offenders on a short vacation than see one of the outlets for XM vs SS shut down.
^this
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:57 AM   #293
gaijin
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Not sure the message here.

1) asians are paying shipping/import costs also and don't complain of higher end-prices, so non-asians shouldn't complain?

OR..

2) asians are also complaining and it's a universal problem, except only for Singaporeans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-M-T View Post
I don't think the argument that the price is expensive because of the shipping / import costs is valid because I live in Asia and we're paying the same price.
gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:03 AM   #294
bzie
U talkin' to me?

Another price comparison from simplytoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzie View Post
The price factor is a win for Sideshow. The extra S$200-300+ is a no no for me, has to be somethingextraordinary for me to bite... so far nothing. Interestingly, the hulks prices are similar but sculptwise, ss wins

Hawkeye

Black widow

Capt America

Hulk
bzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:09 AM   #295
gaijin
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Xm is not that much better as in $300 -400 worth of better imo

Threads come and go about people reaching an unbearable threshold eg budget and space constraints... over burnt and thoughts of quitting. Not going to start increasing my minimum price level... pcs, gg, weta and ss are rich enuff for me as is.

If people can afford xm and call them grails,more power to them

Quote:

gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:34 AM   #296
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:

You do realize you are comparing US $ to SGP $ like they are a 1 to 1 comparison (which they aren't).
Old 11-25-2014, 10:35 AM   #297
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Just judging them and comparing without factoring price XM is pretty damn impressive and they're getting better. That being said when you factor in price they're too rich for my blood. I wonder how much the smaller scale statues are gonna be....
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #298
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
It's this one: http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=147974, last page of course.

Oddly enough, it wasn't my fault the post(s) that led to closing it have been deleted. BTW, I'm fine with it. If someone lost it or whatelse, it's better to have it closed for a while. Even if I pushed myself quite far with my assumption, it was never meant to be a thread where people could just say/do whatever they wanted. Hopefully it will be reopened sooner rather than later.
Hey there. So I got caught up on that thread you mentioned. I see where you're coming from. Your intent was to point out things that needed to be changed. I also see how that thread was highly constructive. Harsh, but all that needed to be said. I hope SS herd that. Toward the end, Im sure you know what happened as some accusations were made (justified as they were) and it became a " one word against another" relating to a company. I guess the powers that be saw where it was going and decided to cool it down before a conspiracy grew. Understandable.

Dude, you make some very intelligent observations and ask interesting questions. Consider there are some people here that cant resist a retarded, impulsive, knee jerk reaction even though you give full reasonable explanation on your intentions. That can be frustrating as hell. Oh well. These people are clearly not going away. Hopefully they grow and mature with time.

Dude, keep doing what you're doing and being clear on your intentions (that's all you can do). As you know, there are people here sophisticated enough to understand where you're coming from and can have a civil and intelligent conversation even if they don't agree. So far, I agree on every point you make.
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:10 PM   #299
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
You do realize you are comparing US $ to SGP $ like they are a 1 to 1 comparison (which they aren't).
The prices of both items are in SGD in those images. The comparison is fair.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:11 PM   #300
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycher View Post
Both items appear to be in SGP in those images. The comparison is fair.
You are right. My bad.