Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 08-25-2022, 07:47 PM   #281
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
I usually don't say this but this piece will become a huge grail and I don't think you will find it a couple years from now for retail or less.

Regarding the tail and the base, I had no issues with the tail and although the base is a bit underrated in comparison to the statue itself, it still doesn't bother me and it makes the statue pop even more. I actually added semi gloss to the nails and the purple side of the head and gloss to the mouth and it looks even better now.

I really haven't heard anyone who got it say it is just okay. So far everyone is pretty impressed with it and consider this piece a must. If I was you I would get it now or as long as it's still available because after it is sold out, expect to pay top dollar for it...

Of course, I might be wrong about that

Cheers
You could be right on it going for more than retail, or you could be wrong? One thing to note: Almost every PCS statue in the past, has dropped way below retail in the aftermarket. I've personally took a bath on a couple Street Fighter pieces I sold. Got less than half what I paid. However, there's not a lot of PH stuff out there, so it could go up a few hundred or more? Got to also keep in mind how historically terrible the economy is too. I scored a Prime 1 DX Dog Alien in mint condition a couple months ago for only $450 more than it's original retail price, so anything's possible...and that statue is perfect imo. A true Grail piece that I would never consider flipping no matter what.

I'm in my thinking stage right now. I'm digesting what I've seen in the last 24 and need to sleep on it one more night. If it was 1/3 I'd a bought it last night, but I'm still interested at 1/4 because I like the creature. Thanks for your input buddy. Decisions decisions....
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 10:57 PM   #282
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Oh yeah that kind of thing is a non-issue. A little warmth makes every statue slide right into place.
Peg issues are for people that don't try.

The tail and the plasticky look of the base and smoothed out details in Pumpkinhead's skin are what I am referring to.
Hmmmmm. I don?t see any of this smoothing out of the skin. This thing is all texture. I?ll have to go back and watch some of the proto videos from the show to see if I can see what you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
I usually don't say this but this piece will become a huge grail and I don't think you will find it a couple years from now for retail or less.

Regarding the tail and the base, I had no issues with the tail and although the base is a bit underrated in comparison to the statue itself, it still doesn't bother me and it makes the statue pop even more. I actually added semi gloss to the nails and the purple side of the head and gloss to the mouth and it looks even better now.

I really haven't heard anyone who got it say it is just okay. So far everyone is pretty impressed with it and consider this piece a must. If I was you I would get it now or as long as it's still available because after it is sold out, expect to pay top dollar for it...

Of course, I might be wrong about that

Cheers
I don?t know if it will keep its value or not. All I know is that this is a home run and I agree with your comments about the base making the statue pop.

The sculpt on this is a 10 out of 10 and the paint is an 8.5. The presence is easily a 10 and is really something special to own.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:12 PM   #283
Lestat Phoenix
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
Hmmmmm. I don?t see any of this smoothing out of the skin. This thing is all texture. I?ll have to go back and watch some of the proto videos from the show to see if I can see what you are talking about.

I don?t know if it will keep its value or not. All I know is that this is a home run and I agree with your comments about the base making the statue pop.

The sculpt on this is a 10 out of 10 and the paint is an 8.5. The presence is easily a 10 and is really something special to own.
I had zero issues with the tail. There is not a smooth surface on him. The grass looks great the mud not so much.
Lestat Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:24 PM   #284
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
You could be right on it going for more than retail, or you could be wrong? One thing to note: Almost every PCS statue in the past, has dropped way below retail in the aftermarket. I've personally took a bath on a couple Street Fighter pieces I sold. Got less than half what I paid. However, there's not a lot of PH stuff out there, so it could go up a few hundred or more? Got to also keep in mind how historically terrible the economy is too. I scored a Prime 1 DX Dog Alien in mint condition a couple months ago for only $450 more than it's original retail price, so anything's possible...and that statue is perfect imo. A true Grail piece that I would never consider flipping no matter what.

I'm in my thinking stage right now. I'm digesting what I've seen in the last 24 and need to sleep on it one more night. If it was 1/3 I'd a bought it last night, but I'm still interested at 1/4 because I like the creature. Thanks for your input buddy. Decisions decisions....
Good points.... It is hard to say at this point but waiting a little longer might be the better choice. I guess I'm a bit bias because I love this character and there are not a lot of statues with that presence out there, then again if you love Street Fighter you would have the same opinion.... Pumpkinhead editon size is 1000 (400 exclusive and 600 collectors edition) so I guess you have time

Cheers
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 12:37 AM   #285
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Ok. Here is another attempt to manipulate the photo to get what I see before me. Texture is great. No smoothness to the skin. Watched the SSC reveal and texturing seems the same. Paint apps are solid on this. Lots of purple hues and green/blue veins. Could use maybe a little more grime on pumpkinhead himself.

For me this beats out the original in terms of pose and presence but the base is not as good. Film accuracy kind of depends what you are looking at. This new piece is more stylized but the original had issues like oversized teeth and the shape of the head was off IMO. But paint apps were more accurate as well as some of the dinner details in the suit.

You could wait on it for sure. But if you have the funds I would dive in (pumpkin)head first.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 03:01 AM   #286
qz33
Baron Zemo

^ All your pics look phenomenal.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 09:27 AM   #287
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

That new pic looks great! He looks good with Alien and Predator.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 10:55 AM   #288
V8Falcon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I haven't really seen one bad pic of this anywhere yet.
V8Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 11:25 AM   #289
thebove
Fantastic Four

mine came in yesterday, my first statue, absolutely floored by this thing Thanks PCS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220825_230312890.PORTRAIT_2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	153300  
thebove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 11:28 AM   #290
qz33
Baron Zemo

^ Another outstanding photo!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote