Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 08-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
dr_teng

Airbrush shopping advice

I've read through a variety of the threads here about airbrushes, and I'm fairly convinced that I want a Iwata HP-CS, and I need a compressor as well.

I'm in Canada, so shipping from the US on a compressor can get fairly pricey and there's a possibility I could get nailed with a customs fee for 10-20% of the value of the item too, so I've been mostly looking within the country.

What do you guys think of this bundle? He has a bunch of other airbrushes and compressors, but I thought this was reasonable, and he's fairly close so it'd arrive quickly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/IWATA-Eclipse-HP...d=p3911.c0.m14

If anyone has any other suggestions (US shops are fine too, I'll just bring it back after I visit my wife in New York in a few weeks) I'm all ears!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Airbrush is a good starter brush and the compressor is about the same one i am using now. I want a $500 compressor but funds are tight for now, but for what i do that compressor does the job.

If you have a sears or home depot you can buy one of the small craftsman ones. Just will need to get adaptors for the airbrushes. Just need to find a oil-free one. I dont know much about them but worth some research.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
riteguytu
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Hmmm I had an oil-less piston compressor, but it was so loud and got so hot so often, I got an oil filled silent one(at a discount, otherwise I couldn't afford it!).
You might find that you will naturally progress in this direction as well...

Just my 2 pennies...
riteguytu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
dr_teng

That's a good idea Vince, my local Sears actually has a ton of stuff on clearance, so next time I'm in the area I'll check it out.

riteguytu : I'm a big fan of silent or near silent, but I haven't seen any compressors locally, or even on Ebay, that either weren't out of my price range or didn't want an absurd amount for shipping. If I get a chance to go that route, I will!
Old 08-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
OKCmike
A day without sunshine is like... night.

dr teng- Check out this website www.tcpglobal.com I got 2 Iwata airbrushes, compressor with airtank, cleaning pot & other items in a kit for about 380.00 USD a few months ago. That amount is not including the shipping charges though.
OKCmike is offline   Reply With Quote