Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-01-2005, 08:02 PM   #1
blue_rogue
What's another word for Thesaurus?

New to the forums

Hello,

I'm new to these forums and I'm thinking about getting into the HH Marvel line. I've been collecting for about 11 years. I started with action figures and I've collected a lot of different lines over the years. I got into busts when Gentle Giant released the first Vader and Yoda busts a few years ago. I stopped buying toys (for the most part) earlier this year so I could afford the Sideshow Star Wars line. I've still been buying Marvel Legends figures for my Marvel fix. I love the Marvel universe and the characters. I had been wishing that I had stopped collecting toys long ago and collected Bowen's Marvel line. It was way too late for me to get into the Bowen line, but now Hard Hero has started this new line of statues, and I think I might go for it. I will admit that I wasn't crazy about the look of them at first, but the style has grown on me and the pics of the Hulk and Thing protos blew me away. I just have a couple of questions about the line. Are the statues sculpted to the bases or do you insert them via footpegs? Also what is the release schedule like? I know what statues are due out next, but how often is a new one released? Thanks!
blue_rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:23 PM   #2
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_rogue
Hello,

I'm new to these forums and I'm thinking about getting into the HH Marvel line. I've been collecting for about 11 years. I started with action figures and I've collected a lot of different lines over the years. I got into busts when Gentle Giant released the first Vader and Yoda busts a few years ago. I stopped buying toys (for the most part) earlier this year so I could afford the Sideshow Star Wars line. I've still been buying Marvel Legends figures for my Marvel fix. I love the Marvel universe and the characters. I had been wishing that I had stopped collecting toys long ago and collected Bowen's Marvel line. It was way too late for me to get into the Bowen line, but now Hard Hero has started this new line of statues, and I think I might go for it. I will admit that I wasn't crazy about the look of them at first, but the style has grown on me and the pics of the Hulk and Thing protos blew me away. I just have a couple of questions about the line. Are the statues sculpted to the bases or do you insert them via footpegs? Also what is the release schedule like? I know what statues are due out next, but how often is a new one released? Thanks!
I only have Thor. He is sculpted to the base. Not sure about release dates but it seems like every six weeks or so. Welcome to the madness of the statue forum.
Also if you're looking for a place to get Hard Hero, try www.comicstatues.com
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:02 PM   #3
Neomotion
I pity the fool!

Welcome to the board. May the "statuefever" be kind on you!
Neomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:13 PM   #4
sithcommeth
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Welcome!!
sithcommeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:22 PM   #5
blue_rogue
What's another word for Thesaurus?

A new statue about every six weeks? I was hoping it would be closer to eight or ten weeks. Oh well. It's just money, right.

I think I'll go ahead and get the Silver Surfer and see how I like it. If for some reason I don't care for it, and decide not to collect the line, I'm sure I won't have any problem unloading it somewhere down the road, but I doubt I'm going to have to worry about that. I'm pretty sure I'm going to love this line.
blue_rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:36 PM   #6
ashley76
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I definately recommend this line. It is awesome and since it is new easy to get into the completist mentality with. The surfer sticks into the base but, Thor is scultped into the base. Cool stuff. You can't go wrong and these things will be an awesome investment in the future.
ashley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:32 AM   #7
BAMF
Kindly Asked To Leave

This is the first I heard of this new line. OMG- Marvel sure likes to give out a bunch of statue licenses! I like these. Are they going to be doing Iron Man?
BAMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:54 AM   #8
bigben7
Kindly Asked To Leave

definitely a great line and start now while prices are reasonable. i for one love the hh silver surfer. it just looks fantastic !! i let my bowen go and got the heard hero. the thor looks great next to it. i still like bowen but seth is the man now for me!
bigben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:40 AM   #9
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

welcome to the madness!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:05 AM   #10
rychehitman
Galactus

Welcome aboard!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote