Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-15-2019, 07:21 PM   #251
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yeah I agree with Jon Boston. The flash makes it look chincy...take a better shot of the whole thing or something. These pics, to me, do not do it any favors. From what I see I’m ok with missing out. I hope you enjoy it though, honestly. And I hope it’s better in person.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:46 AM   #252
TheLostLogan
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Prime1’s T-Rex is still the best being made today imo and the best ‘bang for your buck’ if detail and animatronic accuracy are important to you, which they are for me. Maybe it’s the photos or just the factory Iron Studio uses, but for the price they were asking for this diorama, the details should exceed Prime1’s sculpts and paint in every way and that is sadly not the case. I really do hope you enjoy this diorama though and are pleased because you should collect the things YOU like and add to YOUR collection.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F9314477-DBD0-490B-91BB-69D48A923E6F.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	125124  
TheLostLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:03 AM   #253
karauak
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostLogan View Post
Prime1’s T-Rex is still the best being made today imo and the best ‘bang for your buck’ if detail and animatronic accuracy are important to you, which they are for me. Maybe it’s the photos or just the factory Iron Studio uses, but for the price they were asking for this diorama, the details should exceed Prime1’s sculpts and paint in every way and that is sadly not the case. I really do hope you enjoy this diorama though and are pleased because you should collect the things YOU like and add to YOUR collection.
P1 for a similar price gives us a boring scene.
karauak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:34 AM   #254
TheLostLogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karauak View Post
P1 for a similar price gives us a boring scene.
If someone prefers to have the ‘scene’ included, that is completely up to them; it’s their money. The focus for my collection are the dinosaurs themselves and the money is completely justified for me because I know I’ll be receiving very detailed and excellent painted models that closely resemble the animatronics.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:47 AM   #255
karauak
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostLogan View Post
If someone prefers to have the ‘scene’ included, that is completely up to them; it’s their money. The focus for my collection are the dinosaurs themselves and the money is completely justified for me because I know I’ll be receiving very detailed and excellent painted models that closely resemble the animatronics.
For the dinosaurs themselves, I bought a sideshow dinosauria, I just sold it to buy JP dioramas depicting scenes from my favorite movie, not just dinosaurs.
karauak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:01 AM   #256
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

I do prefer dioramas, especially for JP, which is why I would have liked to see this t-Rex look more like Prime 1's. This one looks a bit too green, and the details aren't as good.
If this does turn out to be perfect, it'll suck me into buying more in the diorama range. If not, I'll pick up one or two smaller items. Over to you Iron Studios!
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #257
TheLostLogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karauak View Post
For the dinosaurs themselves, I bought a sideshow dinosauria, I just sold it to buy JP dioramas depicting scenes from my favorite movie, not just dinosaurs.
Good for you, collect what you like the best! I prefer the museum approach from P1 for my collection and therefore will enjoy the diorama’s vicariously through other collectors
Old 08-20-2019, 07:17 AM   #258
Kefka2200

It’s all about loving your collections for what you want out of them
Old 08-21-2019, 05:30 AM   #259
Lemmiwinkles

Has anybody else found any more photos? I’m worried that there’s no FORD badges on the car.
Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:34 AM   #260
Kefka2200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
Has anybody else found any more photos? I’m worried that there’s no FORD badges on the car.
I wouldn’t be surprised if there weren’t. That would take even more licensing and approval. Might have to bite the bullet with that one.