Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 07-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #611
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by garou_terry View Post
yes, i agree that DCD is releasing good stuff lately, but it's still not enough imo. look at Marvel, there's Bowen, Sideshow, Diamond Select, Attakus, Kotobukiya, yeesh. you get like 5 diff. Marvel stuff every month, and they're all sweet. and yes, the competition makes it better for everyone. Good post Rich.

and so i have no problem with SS taking over OR at least working side by side with DCD. Koto is indeed doing DC stuff but c'mon, DC needs their own "Bowen Designs" division.
There is always the threat of "over saturation." Look at trading cards and action figures. Oversaturation will be magnified in our hobby due to the cost and space demanded by pieces. If DCD is going to keep producing I hope that they only have one co producer max (hopefully SSC).

The fact that Koto suspended (hopefully temporary)production of spectacular Erick Sosa sculpts of Rouge and Sabretooth due to a lack of pre orders may indicative of this already.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #612
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
The fact that Koto suspended (hopefully temporary)production of spectacular Erick Sosa sculpts of Rouge and Sabretooth due to a lack of pre orders may indicative of this already.
But I think that's a ridiculous way to look at things for Koto.

In this sort of econimic climate, people want to see stuff in person before they buy. Even Bowen don't get the preorder numbers they used to.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #613
Sproullr
Doh!

any news lately about this rumor? I'd love to know more! That'd be sweet
Sproullr is offline   Reply With Quote