Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-28-2019, 11:53 AM   #361
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
Since you asked...yeah. There's really no reason they shouldn't be. Just to arbitrarily say "I thought it might be neat if they were different" makes no sense. They were always the same color in the comics, on the covers, and in 70s and 80s marketing. That's just a fact.

If the shades were "a bit" different I might not have as much of an issue, but that's a pretty stark difference. And I don't understand the muddy, mustard yellow at all.

I just wanted a consistent line. I don't think that's too much to ask for. Why make Batman and Robin (and Supergirl and Superman) so vibrant and colorful to then turn around and make Batgirl so dark?

Plus, I'm also wondering if they won't turn around and release a variant with the black bodysuit and the more royal blue cape and cowl.
They certainly didn't match in the beginning...

nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:06 PM   #362
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I really like the different colors for Batman & Batgirl looks good to me, matching colors would look lazy!
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:09 PM   #363
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
Since you asked...yeah. There's really no reason they shouldn't be. Just to arbitrarily say "I thought it might be neat if they were different" makes no sense. They were always the same color in the comics, on the covers, and in 70s and 80s marketing. That's just a fact.

If the shades were "a bit" different I might not have as much of an issue, but that's a pretty stark difference. And I don't understand the muddy, mustard yellow at all.

I just wanted a consistent line. I don't think that's too much to ask for. Why make Batman and Robin (and Supergirl and Superman) so vibrant and colorful to then turn around and make Batgirl so dark?

Plus, I'm also wondering if they won't turn around and release a variant with the black bodysuit and the more royal blue cape and cowl.
The bat line already is diff with Joker and Harley pieces . Also your references are very vague in comic era where colour was very 2 dimensional even your examples show diff shades of blue and grey so they don’t match nor should they. The line is very consistent contrary to your statement it seems like your just not happy you didn’t get your version of Batgirl whatever that is.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:12 AM   #364
jimjimmyjones85
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
The bat line already is diff with Joker and Harley pieces . Also your references are very vague in comic era where colour was very 2 dimensional even your examples show diff shades of blue and grey so they don’t match nor should they. The line is very consistent contrary to your statement it seems like your just not happy you didn’t get your version of Batgirl whatever that is.
jimjimmyjones85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:10 AM   #365
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

Anyone else thinking about all the display options for the Batman Family against their rouges gallery?

It's like the scene from a Beautiful Mind where he's doing the equations on the windows.
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:57 AM   #366
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Anybody have any info on the EX for Robin?
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:56 AM   #367
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
Anybody have any info on the EX for Robin?
The only “ex” for Robin, to my knowledge is the ability to buy the base which will hold Batman, Robin and Batgirl.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:05 PM   #368
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
The only “ex” for Robin, to my knowledge is the ability to buy the base which will hold Batman, Robin and Batgirl.
Yes but have anybody actually seen it? And can we see it so we clan decide of paying extra shipping from Tweeterhead.com is worth it...
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:09 PM   #369
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
Yes but have anybody actually seen it? And can we see it so we clan decide of paying extra shipping from Tweeterhead.com is worth it...
No, hasn’t been revealed yet.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:56 AM   #370
cjacobs83
Justice League

any update on this exclusive base?
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote