Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 01:49 AM   #11
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
That's not what I meant Drew. I just thought it would be easier to find things by having them in sub-forum or categories. Now that it is getting dissolve, it would be a pain to look for stuff. Look at SSF, everything is a pain to search for things there...
Ok, how about this. This forum IS for the members, not producers, so we'll let the members decide how this goes.

Arahom has claimed he is no longer going to interact on the forum, which I assume will be true as he announced this on other forums as well. If his lack of contributions (as he was starting many of the threads anyway) causes this section to come to a standstill with little to no activity, I'm removing it. If the members continue to come in here and it remains fairly active and popular, it stays.

Sound good?
Old 08-14-2011, 01:53 AM   #12
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Sounds fair to me!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:55 AM   #13
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I do think there is some mis-context on Arahom post but Drew, I think it's fair.......
Old 08-14-2011, 01:58 AM   #14
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
I do think there is some mis-context on Arahom post but Drew, I think it's fair.......
It's never an "ok" with you.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:59 AM   #15
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
How was there any misunderstanding? He told people to get a life, get a woman, or find something better to do with their summer. He told people they were A-holes. He told people they had no right to make any criticisms unless they had purchased one of his statues. How could anyone misconstrue those comments?
Old 08-14-2011, 01:59 AM   #16
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
It's never an "ok" with you.
Hey I just agreed with Drew
Old 08-14-2011, 02:00 AM   #17
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Man, I can't believe YOU of all people are going to start trying to tell us how this forum "should" be. You really want to start down this path again?

SSC distributes anything they can because they make money from it. They also know that ARH's products do not compete with their own so they're not going to lose sales as a result of carrying the product. Hey, SSC is a good business!!

Bowen Designs started this hobby and has a lot of fans. How on earth to they NOT deserve their own section?

Gentle Giant? They contacted the moderators before SDCC and asked who would like a tour of their booth. Seems like they play nice with their fans.

ARH? In the grand scheme of things, they're not even peanuts, they're peanut shells. And their owner just came onto this forum, said he want's nothing to do with it, anyone who hasn't purchased his product should shut up, and he's going to start his OWN forum where he can control what he wants to hear (I've seen this before, now who did that....).

Yeah, I'd say these threads are going EXACTLY where they should go...
Actually, he even wants people that DO purchase his statues to also shut up.

"If that's how you feel, I do rather you don't buy from us anymore!"

In a creative-driven business you have to be willing to take the bad (critiques) with the good (compliments). Other producers on here seem to take it somewhat well. I've been commenting in the ARH section for some time now. complementing on how much I liked Athena, Pocahontas, Cleopatra, Medusa etc... Even bought a Cleopatra AP, took photos of her and thanked Araholm. But in the end I guess that wasn't good enough. Some people like to focus on the bad and not the good.

It is all good though. It is possible that Araholm is under a lot of stress. I totally get that and I still look forward to seeing their future releases.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:05 AM   #18
pppccclll
The Herculoids

I never understand how these forums become so "personal". Sure, flaming cannot be tolerated, but if a producer wants to jeopardize his own clientele, that's his own right (speaking hypothetically here as I have not read the specifics and don't care to). Ultimately, an ARH section, Bowen section, CS Moore section allows me to easily find posts with information relative to those companies. Dissolving a section only creates further inconvenience to the forums members. This is maybe another case of Mods being internet tough guys.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:06 AM   #19
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
How was there any misunderstanding? He told people to get a life, get a woman, or find something better to do with their summer. He told people they were A-holes. He told people they had no right to make any criticisms unless they had purchased one of his statues. How could anyone misconstrue those comments?
North, buddy.... I read nothing on his post about calling someone an A hole? Not that I want to get into this anymore......

......but like I said, I agree with Drew on letting the people decide.....

I hope it doesn't get dissolved.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:10 AM   #20
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppccclll View Post
I never understand how these forums become so "personal". This is maybe another case of Mods being internet tough guys.
And this is yet another case of a casually contributing member having no grasp of what it takes to Moderate thousands of different personalities, yet all the while being content to use throwaway buzz words to make character assassinations himself

Last edited by Rocket; 08-14-2011 at 02:18 AM.
Closed Thread