Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-02-2024, 03:40 PM   #461
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Yes. Sideshow originally labeled it the Deathstroker PF before they corrected it later.
Ahh, so that's the etymology of Deathstroker, thanks for enlightening
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 03:42 PM   #462
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by becakbagus View Post
Yeah, it's a shame they didn't stick with the original name and design, it would've been a better homage to Perez's Deathstroke.
There is no homage to Perez with this abomination
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 04:44 PM   #463
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
No, I was referring to you and others hijacking Canale's thread/version with this Perez obsession/perversion.

Again, if yourself and many more are absolutely sure that this is a wanted/sought after sculpt? Then go for it, in a more honourable way. Start a Perez thread, full steam ahead, & maybe the grand experiment will start a new guiding/ordering trend?

But when you flood a perfectly great Canale sculpt thread with personal dreads, constantly? That's insulting, a form of trolling, hijacking, and at best a distant guess, because to my knowledge no other company has made a Perez? I don't have to wonder why, do you?

I think you're being a tad too sensitive. No one is hijacking any thread. Others are merely sharing they're opinions. In every thread in this forum, many posters have different opposing opinions. Look at the PCS 1/3 Vampirella thread for example ... has a lot of opposing opinions.

If we do as you say, then no one would be allowed opposing views in any thread. We'll just have threads that have the same opinions. That would suck.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 04:46 PM   #464
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Please, that abomination called the Deathstroker PF was sideshow's lame attempt at a slightly modernized Perez Deathstroke and it's sold out. The new PF hasn't. Did anyone even ask for that version? I wonder why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Is this the infamous "Deathstroker" PF?

Yup, that's the infamous one.
Old 04-02-2024, 04:50 PM   #465
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Oh c'mon Divo, some of the best (and most entertaining) commentary on this site has come from tangents and temporarily "hijacking" a thread
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 09:10 AM   #466
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I think you're being a tad too sensitive. No one is hijacking any thread. Others are merely sharing they're opinions. In every thread in this forum, many posters have different opposing opinions. Look at the PCS 1/3 Vampirella thread for example ... has a lot of opposing opinions.

If we do as you say, then no one would be allowed opposing views in any thread. We'll just have threads that have the same opinions. That would suck.

I'm too sensitive? You're the guys who keep digging up a long dead & buried death stroke, & then accuse Sideshow of practically being criminals? WTF? Get over it, it's done.

And as for hijacking threads, are you kidding me? Here it's an obsession, without question. I can count the ways, but I won't, cause at this point it's an obvious joke, & I don't get the punchline.

Look, I dig discussion & different opinions, but not when they are destructive bordering on insult, & they too often are. Blanket statements which never make sense, trotting out old sculpts to constantly try to convince/celebrate what, at he expense of a newer more sophisticated one? Come on.

For me, I simply can't believe, (actually stunned!), that Canale's version of Deathstroke did not get more than 350 units worth of support. I don't really even know the character, but this work screams comic-vibed masterstroke.

If you look-up the Artstation renders, the work checks all the boxes, as lines/form, anatomy, detailing, balance, and vibe are all exquisitely realized.

Even if not interested(?), fair enough, but this level of work/sculpt deserved respect, if nothing else.

P.S. Seriously, consider starting a Perez thread, as we never know where it could lead/end? Maybe a viable collaborating trend, all because of Perez. Vindication right there.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 07:00 AM   #467
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
I'm too sensitive? You're the guys who keep digging up a long dead & buried death stroke, & then accuse Sideshow of practically being criminals? WTF? Get over it, it's done.
Yes, you're too sensitive. Now you're exaggerating with your statement in bold.

Quote:
And as for hijacking threads, are you kidding me? Here it's an obsession, without question. I can count the ways, but I won't, cause at this point it's an obvious joke, & I don't get the punchline.
Again, no one is hijacking anything. If true, then you are part of the problem. You're doing it right now since this is a Darkseid thread. And you brought up Deathsroke.

Quote:
Look, I dig discussion & different opinions, but not when they are destructive bordering on insult, & they too often are. Blanket statements which never make sense, trotting out old sculpts to constantly try to convince/celebrate what, at he expense of a newer more sophisticated one? Come on.
You're exaggerating. Again!

Quote:
For me, I simply can't believe, (actually stunned!), that Canale's version of Deathstroke did not get more than 350 units worth of support. I don't really even know the character, but this work screams comic-vibed masterstroke.
Dude, you don't even know the character. Nuff said!

Quote:
If you look-up the Artstation renders, the work checks all the boxes, as lines/form, anatomy, detailing, balance, and vibe are all exquisitely realized.
Again, you don't even know the character.

Quote:
Even if not interested(?), fair enough, but this level of work/sculpt deserved respect, if nothing else.
Sharing one's opinion is not being disrespectful.

Quote:
P.S. Seriously, consider starting a Perez thread, as we never know where it could lead/end? Maybe a viable collaborating trend, all because of Perez. Vindication right there.
Sorry bud. You'll just have to learn to live with differing opinions in these threads.
Old 04-10-2024, 07:33 AM   #468
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The Deathstroker PF is not a good work in many ways and I guess Martin Canale knows it.
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 12:06 PM   #469
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

Because this statue is on daily deals today at 35%, there is one in SideShow seconds so its 35% - 15% w/ free shipping. Total price is $394.73 to your door. Get a 24" inch beast of a statue for the price of a Hot Toy.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 12:14 PM   #470
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
Because this statue is on daily deals today at 35%, there is one in SideShow seconds so its 35% - 15% w/ free shipping. Total price is $394.73 to your door. Get a 24" inch beast of a statue for the price of a Hot Toy.
dammit...

My man! Thanks, snagged it.
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote