Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-31-2018, 09:04 AM   #1021
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
If that's what they were going for it was a very poor decision.

What is that? A bat-net?
Yeah, I still like it or the execution. I was just trying to be fair after all the bashing I dished out.

Titanium electrified net for Bizarro.

lol yeah I just read the whole thing

A titanium electrified bat-net

At least they left that part out.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:22 AM   #1022
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsroy View Post
I think that an unmasked battle damage portrait would be awesome. Something like when he fought against red hood (jason) first time.

Batman had fought unmasked in some cases, I don't think this is inaccurate. In fact he is fighting in a cemetery, probably at night so not very crowded.
He was also in a battle unmasked during the first arc of the new 52 JL. I think more people would’ve been happier with an unmasked vs another batarang any day, considering i’ve seen a few unmasked customs for the OG batman pf, also XM who tend to listen to their customers/who also seem to be more aware of what their customers may want or like has an unmasked portrait for their batman.

And with Canale’s talent and what he did for unmasked wolverine portrait, i think he would have made an amazing unmasked bat portrait aswell.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:52 AM   #1023
pablocarro
Fantastic Four

https://www.facebook.com/martin.cana...4vehjDZxPUuWM8

It seems to me an excellent piece!!
pablocarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:02 AM   #1024
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Not that I particularly like the look of these "batarangs" that they included in the EX, but an unmasked portrait would have been nothing but a total waste. I just got a different Batman that has a very nicely sculpted unmasked portrait that will never leave the box. In fact, I didn't even use it when I took pics of said new Batman piece.

I like a suggestion someone had earlier about a grappling gun. That would have been something new Sideshow has not included in one of their many, many Batman statues.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:03 PM   #1025
pablocarro
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocarro View Post
https://www.facebook.com/martin.cana...4vehjDZxPUuWM8

It seems to me an excellent piece!!
pablocarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:27 PM   #1026
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsroy View Post
You don't want to be disrespectful but then you say that if I don't think like you then I don't understand batman at all.

Look, I am new here and I really don't want to fight with anyone but you opinion doesn´t look fair.

I think that I perfectly understand Bats and the reason why I ask for an EX unmasked head is because we alredy saw that on comics.

It's not common, okay, but we saw batman fighting Ras or Jason unmasked. He could be fighting in the batcave, a roof or an empty building. There are a few villians who know his secret identity.

The last VERY IMPORTANT scene with catwoman was with bruce unmasked, wearing a batman suit. (not fighting right, but unmasked)

EX version are cool because you can change your piece portrait from time to time. Of course Batman will be using the mask most time but sometimes you can represent a different event.

So, I really don't buy your opinion man and comparing this matter with a masked superman makes no sense to me.
I'll say it again. Only people who don't understand Batman want him perched on a gargoyle/tombtone unmasked. It doesn't fit at all with the scene.

One thing that Sideshow got right with the statue. Not giving an unmasked head for both premium formats. Cause it wouldn't fit at all!

Imagine this as an EX. Terrible. As others have said a grappling gun would've been nice. Or him with a battle damaged cowl.

darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:29 PM   #1027
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

I'm sorry, but it's Fn ugly.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:29 PM   #1028
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocarro View Post
I really can't place this batman. I see Injustice, I see Arkham games, I see Dark Knight returns. I see Quasimodo..It's all over the place and not in a good way.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:35 PM   #1029
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

The only thing that bothers me is he seems too beefy. He would look like a hulk next to my superman piece.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:39 PM   #1030
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Whats going on with Sideshow? How does this get approval looking so deformed. I just can't figure out whats going on with his head, traps and back. Not the greatest design choice. and then with the fabric cape on top of it, it just exaggerates it that much more.

I love the portrait and the costume, but I just can't unsee the hunchback so I might have to pass on this guy.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote