Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 02-28-2015, 12:02 PM   #21
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
His signature tickets have already sold out for one day, but I can think of better uses for my $100.
that's for sure
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:05 AM   #22
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
His signature tickets have already sold out for one day, but I can think of better uses for my $100.
I wonder -- Is there any comic guest that could have generated that level of ticket sales in a few days?
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:12 PM   #23
Sam
Hydra

McFarlane in his heyday might could have, but now? I seriously don't think so. BUT, having said that I also have to say that big name media guests will ALWAYS generate a larger attendance and interest than any comic writer or artist. They reach a much larger audience than comics do today, and even the most casual watchers know that Robert Downey Jr. played Iron Man but I doubt the casual comic reader has any idea of who Bob Layton is in regards to Iron Man or even who Ari Granov is, and he's done some of the best Iron Man art that has ever seen print.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:18 PM   #24
Sam
Hydra

Oh, and one further thing. Casual attendees that come just for media guest signatures have no idea what autographs usually cost from celebrities and thus they're willing to pay for the sigs of the actor of their choice without complaint. I LOVE me some Star Wars but there's no way I'm paying $125 for Mark Hamill's autograph (that's about what he charges these days) because I know what other name actors from the series are charging and how rare his really is (read, not very).

That's all my opinion of course and not a commentary on anyone else.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:55 PM   #25
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Just saw that Peter David is going to be there. Would love to spend some time talking to him about the Hulk but not worth the price of admission.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:54 AM   #26
Yuca
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Over my years, I've only attended two Wizard World Conventions; which at first were great. Attended Chicago (preferred) and Philly (2 times). I mostly would make a trip out of it and not just Comics, Statues and Art. Philly was good because I would also attend a Philly game and always made it out to Morimoto restaurant. Chicago was a mini vacation because the city of Chicago is nice, open and diverse. As I passed on future trips to Wizard World; I've heard nothing but disgust and dissatisfaction from attendees.

Has it really dropped that bad? I've was thinking about going to Philly with my wife. She has grown to enjoy my hobby and doesn't mind me buying a few things every now and then. Would someone give me their honest opinion on Philly Wizard World please? It would help a lot. Thanks
Yuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:57 PM   #27
Underdog07
Hercules

All I can say is wow. This show was incredible. Surprise appearance by the cast from Guardians of the Galaxy and Art Adams doing free head sketches all weekend helped make this truly memorable.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:46 AM   #28
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
All I can say is wow. This show was incredible. Surprise appearance by the cast from Guardians of the Galaxy and Art Adams doing free head sketches all weekend helped make this truly memorable.
liar liar pants on fire
Old 03-16-2015, 09:24 AM   #29
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
liar liar pants on fire
Jokes on you -- I don't have any pants on