Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 07-13-2017, 11:27 AM   #391
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX23 View Post
Yeah, I grabbed two boxes when it first released. Pulled some nice cards. But like the same with the other stuff I'll have to finish it up later once I move.
nice! what kind of unique cards did you pull?
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:29 AM   #392
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I finally got the last two epic purples in the mail yesterday i'll try and post pictures of the complete set this weekend when I have a free moment...I took out the crappy 2007/2009 masterpieces or whatever year they were from my masterpieces binder, and put in the new set instead the binder is powerful now, 92,93,94,95,96 and 2016 masterpieces, all killer no filler, only missing the two mirage cards from the 95 masterpieces otherwise all the sets are complete

i also reorganized my spider-man binder and put the new fleer set in there and took out some other less improtant stuff

felt good lol
Old 07-13-2017, 09:34 PM   #393
Spazzy
Hercules

Got in my last 4 purple high #s.... wish there was more to hunt...it was fun..but getting other sets now. ...i had no idea but 1993 mm has like 15 joe jusko cards...actually a pretty decent set for the price...i only saw a few of them and discarded the set as ugly and never got them so it was a nice surprise to see nice art.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:23 PM   #394
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
Got in my last 4 purple high #s.... wish there was more to hunt...it was fun..but getting other sets now. ...i had no idea but 1993 mm has like 15 joe jusko cards...actually a pretty decent set for the price...i only saw a few of them and discarded the set as ugly and never got them so it was a nice surprise to see nice art.
congrats! yeah this was a really fun set to put together

yeah jusko did some art in the 93 set, its the highlight of the set I think, there is lots of other great artwork too, some duds but overall a nice set, it is generally viewed as the weakest of the 90's masterpieces sets though
Old 07-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #395
Joe Jusko
Artist
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
congrats! yeah this was a really fun set to put together

yeah jusko did some art in the 93 set, its the highlight of the set I think, there is lots of other great artwork too, some duds but overall a nice set, it is generally viewed as the weakest of the 90's masterpieces sets though
I was asked to do the entire '93 set, but it was almost immediately after the '92 set and the deadline was just as crazy, so I turned it down. Even with all the different artists involved it barely made it in time.
Joe Jusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:04 PM   #396
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Jusko View Post
I was asked to do the entire '93 set, but it was almost immediately after the '92 set and the deadline was just as crazy, so I turned it down. Even with all the different artists involved it barely made it in time.
I always wondered why they did that set with so many different artists, now I know it was due to schedule, the problem is always schedule isnt it? lol Im a project manager so I know how much of a pain schedule can be. Thanks for your insight on this, I remember thinking as a kid in 93 how much cooler the set would have been if you had done all the artwork funny how things work out sometimes, although I do still wish you did the 93 set all yourself so that much hasnt changed haha
Old 07-24-2017, 10:33 AM   #397
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I was finally able to take some pictures of this amazing set in its entirety dont mind my slippers in some of the pics lol

truly worth of the name masterpieces, Joe has outdone himself, if only Marvel would let him choose what costumes to use (3 paintings of cyclops, ALL with the x-visor really??)

the last page shows pics of my 92 mandarin sketch card, and adam warlock signature card, thanks to premium_substit for those

Old 07-24-2017, 10:33 AM   #398
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Old 07-24-2017, 11:46 AM   #399
moon_knight1971
Rescue

great set
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:08 PM   #400
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I know this is a very difficult question guys, but what is your #1 favorite painting from the new set?

for me its the silver surfer card...epic, cosmic, majestic, Joe captured his essence perfectly