Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-15-2017, 03:55 PM   #191
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

forps eye is second to none.

Get real.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #192
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
All members here know that forps is 100% objective. I receive no free statues from companies, i dont hype, i dont push, i dont sell statues to other guys here or in facebook groups ("i have a source, pal, i can get you the new grail from Asia only with a 200d mark-up, dude"), i am no fanboy (i bashed Sideshow for her atrocious Deathstroke PFF or her puny Darkseid PFF) and i even made fun of a product i bought, Jason LSB from ECC which is probably the goofiest LSB ever. I have no interest in the original blue and gray or the current one Batman from Iron Studios. Toooooo toy-ish for my tastes. Nevertheless, if you cant understand or observe what i am saying (that the total black suit and cape DESTROY the sculpt underneath and make this statue rather bland and uninteresting), then sorry but you should "train your eyes".

There is NO comparison between the original and the variant. This variant BEGS for a repaint in order to "unveil" the details of the costume and save the sculpt. Sorry guys, but "forps eye" is second to none. This new variant NEEDS a repaint as soon as someone receives it. The original is MILES, i repeat, MILES better.
I'm guessing you bought an original one? Like this.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #193
Vader
Ghost

Vader like black version better. And Vader has a very sharp eye.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:43 PM   #194
Vracula
Jedi Order

I might this locally if available at reasonable prices.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:58 PM   #195
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Got my info directly from Kelvin, just now so not sure man. Of course I'd prefer to see it asap
Oh "just now"? Fhhhhhuuuuuuuk

I reposed the question on P1 FB page...
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:24 PM   #196
WolverineFan
I am da law!

This forps guy I swear trolls every thread. Says the same thing, everything looks like "toys"
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:51 PM   #197
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
This forps guy I swear trolls every thread. Says the same thing, everything looks like "toys"
I imagine the only reason he hasn't been banned is because he "threatened" to ban himself when he was rightfully taking heat for his inciting posts. The reference he made to not being a recipient of free statues was one toward defamatory accusations he made against a certain Youtube channel/group on another thread; but luckily for him, the host lost his temper in response to those accusations and ended up banned himself. Unfortunately forps has resurfaced and, while I admit to finding his empty grandstanding and wild conspiracy theories initially amusing, even the ignore function is not enough when his conduct successfully stirs respectable members on here up enough to quote him in their responses. If anyone else agrees that the toxic atmosphere on here is worsened by his presence, please appeal to the moderators to have him removed. I just want to visit these threads for product updates and informed, healthy debate, not be insulted.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:28 AM   #198
papadoom
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

This forps guy always reminds me of a persiflage of 'The Stifler' from American Pie. The way he's talking about himself in third person and knows everything better than anyone else. Priceless.

I really find it kind of amusing, so why banning him?
Maybe limiting his/her posts to 10 per week would help keeping the balance between being amused an annoyed.

And forps, I'm not saying that you do not have a point sometime, but you really should work on your style of communicating it, mate!
papadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:37 AM   #199
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
I'm guessing you bought an original one?
No, never bought the original. I dont like the whole vibe...Too toy-ish for my taste. Why some guys think that when someone says that the older version is better, this guy must be bitter cause he is "losing money or value"? It is simple. The older one unveils the details of the sculpt, the new with the total black look and zero contrast with its cape is clearly inferior. It will obviously need a repaint (eg more money in order to customize it).

What comments ? Guys, there are many people who know what is REALLY going on "behind the scenes" in this hobby. Pushers, hypers, middlemen ( "i can get you that new grail statue from Asia with the excellent reviews, only for 200 d mark-up, dude. Send me a pm, pal. Its a bargain, it is a grail way better than Sideshows. I have a connection, dude."). The hobby is in its darkest times and forps is not to be accused.

Coming back to this variant, its ok for some people to love it cause they can have it for 1/3 the price of the original, but we cant FOOL ourselves that this is better. It isnt !!! So simple. No conspiracy theories.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:45 AM   #200
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
No, never bought the original. I dont like the whole vibe...Too toy-ish for my taste. Why some guys think that when someone says that the older version is better, this guy must be bitter cause he is "losing money or value"? It is simple. The older one unveils the details of the sculpt, the new with the total black look and zero contrast with its cape is clearly inferior. It will obviously need a repaint (eg more money in order to customize it).

What comments ? Guys, there are many people who know what is REALLY going on "behind the scenes" in this hobby. Pushers, hypers, middlemen ( "i can get you that new grail statue from Asia with the excellent reviews, only for 200 d mark-up, dude. Send me a pm, pal. Its a bargain, it is a grail way better than Sideshows. I have a connection, dude."). The hobby is in its darkest times and forps is not to be accused.

Coming back to this variant, its ok for some people to love it cause they can have it for 1/3 the price of the original, but we cant FOOL ourselves that this is better. It isnt !!! So simple. No conspiracy theories.
Have you learned nothing from the responses to your previous posts?

At least you left out the underlines, caps and bold print.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote