Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-23-2017, 11:19 AM   #9231
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Both versions are great and I think with your setup the coloring of regular probably works better. Here is the variant. Limited to 50 though so kinda tough to find I'd imagine. I think the regular had an ES of 300.

Wow! love it too..that needs to be frame..Really like the green in it.That's one print i would love to have both versions..Want to sell it? you be crazy too. There is one on e-bay going for 500.00 and its my version, your version must be up there in price? Yea,mine goes so well with the king but yours goes with all the other aliens pieces..me want
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:55 AM   #9232
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

thanks guys! I'm pretty content keeping mine. I haven't been paying attention to it's aftermarket value but $500 is pretty crazy, though not unheard of in the poster/print world. I do think it's the best ALIENS screen print to date and don't see it being toppped anytime soon. It covers all the imagery I love from the film and I really loved the green when I saw both versions so I knew I had to have the variant in this case. The metallics really pop on this too, but are rather difficult to capture on camera. I'd imagine the blue pops as well but I haven't seen it in person. I kind of think the green should've been the regular and the blue the variant, but what do I know.

I'm planning on moving into a bigger place next year and will have more room to hang artwork so this will be one of a handful of pieces I look forward to framing. As you mentioned framing is pretty costly though and I tend to get pretty creative with my frame-ups (got some cool ideas for this one) so it's a huge expense that often eclipses the print value. Could be a while before I get to it as a result.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #9233
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
thanks guys! I'm pretty content keeping mine. I haven't been paying attention to it's aftermarket value but $500 is pretty crazy, though not unheard of in the poster/print world. I do think it's the best ALIENS screen print to date and don't see it being toppped anytime soon. It covers all the imagery I love from the film and I really loved the green when I saw both versions so I knew I had to have the variant in this case. The metallics really pop on this too, but are rather difficult to capture on camera. I'd imagine the blue pops as well but I haven't seen it in person. I kind of think the green should've been the regular and the blue the variant, but what do I know.

I'm planning on moving into a bigger place next year and will have more room to hang artwork so this will be one of a handful of pieces I look forward to framing. As you mentioned framing is pretty costly though and I tend to get pretty creative with my frame-ups (got some cool ideas for this one) so it's a huge expense that often eclipses the print value. Could be a while before I get to it as a result.
Yea..I would never sell that one either.You are also right about this should have been the reg version.Your back ground pops more then mine because of the green.Love both versions...And yea,you don't want to know want it cost me have this frame either..
Old 06-27-2017, 10:19 PM   #9234
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:33 PM   #9235
TRDNiteLife
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

https://goo.gl/photos/rfMEWNkN5V5g4yLE6

TRDNiteLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:34 PM   #9236
TRDNiteLife

https://goo.gl/photos/5oqpYmFNMfbgQsKS8

Old 07-03-2017, 07:35 PM   #9237
TRDNiteLife

https://goo.gl/photos/Gm9Dx6zdPEPjv1Pk8

https://goo.gl/photos/Bcn7wnyADwJLgjiT7

https://goo.gl/photos/Tux98ZeKrGJPTG1e8

Old 08-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #9238
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleeSparks View Post
Finally got around to picking up a Wonder Woman Exclusive! Super happy with it...

Congrats! Still one of my favorite pieces I have purchased the last couple years running. Just a great statue all the way around and looks great next to Superman and Batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Wow! love it too..that needs to be frame..Really like the green in it.That's one print i would love to have both versions..Want to sell it? you be crazy too. There is one on e-bay going for 500.00 and its my version, your version must be up there in price? Yea,mine goes so well with the king but yours goes with all the other aliens pieces..me want
Ebay listings in general can be an absolutely terrible reference for value. Ebay's completed auctions are a much better guage for value. Print collecting is still my single favorite hobby and its not uncommon to see prints listed for 25%-50% more than what their actually selling for, especially if its a relatively new release.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:37 AM   #9239
naindejardin
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Very great acquisitions bro!
naindejardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:45 PM   #9240
tonytiger
The X-Men

Sideshow Destroyer

Very underrated piece..love it.