Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 11-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #31
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I need that Invisible Man poster.. hrm...
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #32
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I have 3 framed so far:

I eventually plan to get them all framed. I'm really trying not to start a full blown collection but I'm failing bad. My original intention was to get a few and frame them. Now its kind of gotten out of hand but I'm having a great time collecting them.
Those look great! I really like the Invisible Man one. It's so difficult to resist these things, they're so cool, and the collectible aspect doesn't help either.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #33
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Those look great! I really like the Invisible Man one. It's so difficult to resist these things, they're so cool, and the collectible aspect doesn't help either.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #34
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

mondo, isn't that the guy from SNL

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #35
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Great stuff you guys! Do you plan on getting some of these framed?
Quote:
Nick, I assume you're getting these off ebay?
Haven't framed anything yet. Maybe when I get my hands on a TS Robocop, that will be the first. And yep, get all of mine off eBay. If you search long enough you can find some good deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmmy View Post
I mostly collect Japanese chirashi posters. They're flyers used to promote movie releases, double sided, 7" x 10". I keep them in a porfolio although I've had a few framed. They're cheap to buy and easy to store/display, plus there's some fantastic designs and art, a lot of them different to the official posters released in the west. Here's an example:

Aside from that I've a few framed one sheets and prints.
Very cool mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
ummm, what is mondo?
Here's an interesting bit of info

http://www.oscars.org/press/pressrel...20110711a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I have 3 framed so far:

I eventually plan to get them all framed. I'm really trying not to start a full blown collection but I'm failing bad. My original intention was to get a few and frame them. Now its kind of gotten out of hand but I'm having a great time collecting them.
That sounds very familiar very cool prints btw. They look awesome.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:23 PM   #36
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
So I'm seeing a lot of Mondo talk, due to the new section I guess. This has gotten me wondering who actively collects posters, and if so what lines and types?

Do you get them all framed, or do you have a huge collection of tubes?

Like I said, there's a lot of Mondo talk, but does anyone collect movie one sheets or any other movie art?

Anyway, just curious, want to see who's got what.
I figured out that I don't really collect anything. I get what I like. So, I have posters (movie/comic), prints, lithographs, serigraphs, etc of images that I like. I'm even going to blow up the slides from the Final Fantasy Spirits Within press kit that I own one day. There is a really beautiful image of Aki that I want in my movie room.

I have stopped getting movie posters for the time. Mostly because current movie posters suck and there are way too many reprints out there. Even for double sided posters. Plus, I obsess about the condition. Because posters are so big and light, if handled incorrectly they can easily get small dimples. The poster really shouldn't be moved except if it is on a larger acid free board.

I used to get stuff framed but it was expensive and I'm going to start doing a large part of the job myself. The best framers were the small artist owned shops to me. Not the big places. Plus, there are a lot of bad framers out there that use glue on stuff and with prints and even posters there really isn't a need to use anything other than corner mounts or the weight of the UV plexiglass. Luckily one can reverse framers mistakes but it is expensive.

Anyway, I store stuff flat and rolled. Ideally, all paper items should be in the original condition which is flat. But I don't have the space or storage facility to have all my posters stored flat now so they are rolled between sheets of acid free paper in tubes. The heavier lithographs and stuff are in acid free boxes. I'm using acid free boards and mylar sheets.

Quote:
Optic, I find the techniques Mondo uses to be one of, if not the main selling point of their posters. These are not mass produced posters, but handcrafted pieces of art. Do you guys know of other companies doing stuff like Mondo does?
There are a bunch of artists/companies doing stuff like Mondo. I picked up a TRON Girl lithograph from Acme Archives. I made a thread on it in the Comic Art Section.

This site has a bunch of posters that were new to me. I spent a few days going through the site...

www.reelizer.com

Also, Alien Corset makes some nice movie posters. I haven't picked one up yet but I'm sure I will one day.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote