Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-18-2019, 02:17 AM   #401
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Proves my point, more butt hurt than someone with these actual features.

I’m not interested in a PF of you
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:20 AM   #402
SkyWalker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Same pose
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wc.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	126412  
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:22 AM   #403
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Stick to criticizing caucasian pieces of art, there’s plenty of those.

Leave this one alone, it’s all we got..
Old 10-18-2019, 02:24 AM   #404
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

People on THIS forum called the last PF Coco the monkey.. NO ONE said anything and I got banned for making fun of poison ivy.

Save the virtue signalling
Old 10-18-2019, 07:37 AM   #405
Peedi
The Secret Six

Alright I’m not choosing sides but I’m a nerd and y’all know how I do lol...this discussion reminded me of this page from UXM written by her creator, Chris Claremont, his intent on her looks

I love how she says blue eyes but completely dismissed the fact Storm has CAT eyes which modern art seems to have forgotten.

But she’s supposed to have brown skin but beyond that no conventional features specific to any race. Note, she was reduced to a child by Nanny during this period (fun period to read). Also want to take this time to point out Storm is both African (mother) and African American (father)...being African American can look like a lot of different things and that’s for reasons that can be researched for those that want to deep dive into that and accept it.

But then you have a lot of published art from Marvel that looks like this. Increasingly over the past 10 years or so.

Funny enough Salvador Larroca drew this but look up how he drew her in X-Treme X-Men. Big difference.

Bottom line is she looks like whatever Marvel publishes and however y’all individually think she should look like because guaranteed she’s been published however you think she should look like at one point or another.

About that Cyclops though...lol...
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:55 AM   #406
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Same pose
Quite close.

SS does this though. Many of their Batmans are close in poses.

One things for sure, Wolverine does the “right arm extended out” better than Cyclops. To me it looks like Cyclops is flailing his arm out carelessly just because he’s using his powers in battle but for me that doesn’t best represent the controlled, calculating man he traditionally is and certainly was when he used this costume.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:02 AM   #407
Rav
The Spirit

Jim Lee Storm will probably be made to go with the current line to stay consistent, any other versions may be pushed to the future.

Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:48 AM   #408
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Same pose
yeah, thought the same thing too. while both are great statues i dont think i would want to display them next to each other, which is why i dont think ill ever customize this into the astonishing costume. ill put it on a different shelf with other 90s era costumes (which obviously seems to be the intention anyway)
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:11 AM   #409
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercats-NO View Post
She has high cheekbones and an ethnic nose

Are you African American btw?

Halle Berry played Storm in the movies as did Alex Shipp and both are mixed race.
Using Halle Berry to make your argument about Storm looks causes you to lose all credibility. Halle Berry was horrible as Storm and just cast due to her popularity with no thought about the actual character of Storm. She looked and acted nothing like the Ororo from comics. Too short, no blue eyes, no curves, no strength, and sense of regality/goddess.

Storm has been drawn and colored many way through-out the years. Your avatar is nice looking and I like the fierceness, but I'm not sure I would like that as the primary portrait on a Storm statue.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:30 AM   #410
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Peedi -- Storm has had some of the best stories! My girl is always a joy. I'm not sure how I feel yet about this new Hickman style since she seems to be super uptight. Much more...-----y...not sure that's the right word. I've always preferred some flirt and sassy mixed in with the strong/logical Ororo.

Also, I get that Logan is all about Jean....but come on...he was with Ororo a lot. She aint chopped liver
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote