Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
rychehitman
Galactus

"Batman: Dark Knight Rises" Plot and Villains revealed! (Spoilers? You bet!)

Major spoilers from this point on!

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...hot-black-mask

Quote:
The Daily Blam reports that according to sources within Warner Bros., Deadshot and the Black Mask will be villains in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises.

Deadshot, in the comics, is a hired assassin who first appears in Gotham City as a "hero." However, it is revealed when he tries to replace Batman that he really wants to be the king of the underworld.

The Black Mask, again in comics, is a Batman foe who had a wealthy upbringing. His upbringing wasn't all too good and when Bruce Wayne bailed his business out of debt; this humiliated Roman Sionis. Eventually, this led to a confrontation with Batman, in that Sionis becomes the Black Mask and leader of the "False Facers."

The Dark Knight Rises, hits theaters July 20th, 2010 and stars Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman and Michael Caine.

Some plot points are also revealed. Spoilers, ahoy:

The story continues with the assassin Deadshot (Floyd Lawton) being broken out of prison by Russian Agents and sent to northern Europe where he is then smuggled into America as he has been hired by a clandestine organization from the Gotham underground; "The Society".

Batman has become more of a "myth" in Gotham as the criminal underworld has dissipated. Gotham is safer with arrests 30% down so The Dark Knight keeps a very low profile. Batman also has a new aerial vehicle, "The Wraith". A modified military prototype aircraft/drone with a 40 foot wing span. The Batmobile is now equipped with an E.M.P device.

Wayne Manor is rebuilt but Wayne Enterprises is struggling with a lawsuit filed by a rival corporation, Daggett industries and Wayne Enterprises are almost brought to the ground, so much so that Lucius Fox feels he must turn against the irresponsible Bruce Wayne to save the company. A new Batcave has been constructed beneath the re-constructed Manor. Deadshot meets the organisation "The Society" headed by The Black Mask who wears an ebony skull. Black Mask is also in alliance with Roland Daggett, Ceo of Daggett Industries.

(Eva Green, Naomi Watts, Keira Knightley, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Biel, Kate Mara, Charlotte Riley, and Gemma Arterton are testing to fill two female roles, the villain Talia, daughter of Ra’s Al Ghul and a love interest reporter Vicky Vale.

I could not be happier!!!

rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Not bad about the villains...
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Sounds very cool.
I can't wait to see this movie...

Besides Joker I think Nolan is very capable of outdoing TDK.

I'm curious to see how Talia works into the story.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
AsOneDead
You got red on you

This sounds like major baloney. If this were true, it would be everywhere by now. The story they have is too detailed, I believe they're still in the process of writing the thing. Sounds more like a fanboy's story idea.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Seems a little weird to do Black Mask when Marvel's Captain America is doing Red Skull. While I know these are two entirely different characters, if they go with the black skull design will most folks consider it a ripoff. I also would have preferred more traditional Batman villains like Riddler or Catwoman.

I'd agree this does sound like a fake though. Probably somebody's wishful thinking.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
Natrix
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I thought this plot was shot down as a phony already.
Natrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #7
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

eh, sounds like a leaked fake storyline. I just don't see them using Deadshot or Black Mask as the next villains to showcase.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote