Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-13-2017, 07:26 PM   #5681
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

If people can recast the original Doom Chalice then surely someone will do the same for this ex.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:31 PM   #5682
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I'm sure the custom guys will be all over this making alternate heads anyway because the demand will be there. And paying $300 for a custom head makes way more sense on a $1200+ piece.
Original head or fail?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 03:39 AM   #5683
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I gave in and ordered the collector's edition through my LCS.
I am very much looking forward to this statue and am excited to know that next year I will receive my first collector's edition statue! I do not have much display room left at home but I hope it will not be the last one (Juggernaut statue anyone...? )

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:38 AM   #5684
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
This was posted in the other forum;

Looks like this will be a massive ES if true.
this is really interesting. we will soon know what "significantly more" means. I would guess 3x?
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:28 AM   #5685
Python
Omega Red

Remember that some people have to pay huge added costs to buy direct and these costs only go up as the base price of the item in question does. So while the regulars may be less desirable, they are sadly the only option for many, so it isn't surprising that more than the EX cap have been sold really.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:19 AM   #5686
tormentedbliss
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
Yep. This statue was already an Ex or fail piece...... if what they say is true and the Standard edition is in the thousands, It might be better to just pick it up in the after market at a cheaper price than what sideshow is peddling.
why???? when i could buy the EX in aftermarket for much less as well???? fr the ones who think the more ES drives up the price of the EX...lol, thats absurd, it will keep the EX at a relatively attainable after market price, surely not the 3,000-5000 that people initially thought.
tormentedbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:25 AM   #5687
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
this is really interesting. we will soon know what "significantly more" means. I would guess 3x?
Didn't they say something similar about the new Deadpool PF? I thought the ES ended up being less than what we assumed it would be.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:53 AM   #5688
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Didn't they say something similar about the new Deadpool PF? I thought the ES ended up being less than what we assumed it would be.
That was for the early pos for the exclusive. I'm pretty sure 1500 is higher than any sane person would have guessed.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #5689
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormentedbliss View Post
why???? when i could buy the EX in aftermarket for much less as well???? fr the ones who think the more ES drives up the price of the EX...lol, thats absurd, it will keep the EX at a relatively attainable after market price, surely not the 3,000-5000 that people initially thought.
No you'll be able to find ex for $200-500 extra down road is my guess! And yes Gary they said same for dead pool and that wasn't what I was thinking (1,500 there most sold and popular statue po? Lol) but will just have to see....

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #5690
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

If they go with a high ES due to demand, you can expect plenty of 3rd party portraits since the market will be robust with these Collector Editions in circulation. The collector in me doesn't want a High ES regardless of the version though. I mean, this is a hobby partly based on rarity and obtainability as well.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote