Keep posting pics!
Awesome stuff that I never seen before
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:06 PM   #32
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
im sorry but im not into that anime girl statue thing even though i find some of them cool i would never buy one
I'm totally opposite, I just can't resist anime girl statue.

We grown up with differnt stuff, that's probably why.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:34 AM   #33
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
I'm totally opposite, I just can't resist anime girl statue.

We grown up with differnt stuff, that's probably why.
your probably right actually
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:44 AM   #34
riderV3

This place has been very quite recently...

At any rate, got an e-mail from my Japanese dealer said he just received 6 PVC statues I ordered, and he'll be ready to ship them out to me... that means I'm going to need some overtime...

And I'll post pics when I receive them!
Old 04-30-2007, 02:39 AM   #35
Poisonous
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post

You can see from the pics GentleMidget provided, the first pic is a resin statue of the Ikki Tousen girl.
Observe the skin color carefully and then compare that with the Air Gear girl and the Mahoro on the bike statue.
The skin color on the Ikki Tousen girl appears to be pale, lack of depth and unnatural. Oppositely, the skin tone on Mahoro and Air Gear girl is very natural and life-like.

Also look at the hair, there're quite a few flaws on the Ikki Tousen statue as I mentioned, left over resin between hair lines and they didn't even cover up the seam. The hands/fingers region is bumpy and poorly done as well.

It's a fact that resin statues are dying out in Japan.
Not only PVC statues are durable, easier to clean, but they usually deliver much better effects than resin.
So rather complaining about PVC I personally feel it's a more appropriate matrial for anime statues.
Especially the delicacy of skin is beyond any America female collectibles.
I'd hate to disagree, but [at least my] Uncho is as perfect as can be and looks great. One of the best resin figures on the market.

Regarding the skintones, it's ALL lighting and nothing else in this case. I went for a colder lighting on the Uncho as you can clearly see on the color of the background, which is in fact the very same background i used for all shots. IRL, the Uncho's skintone is beautiful and well done.

I dislike most PVC anime figures because you can almost always see the seams where they attached the arms and legs to the rest of the body REALLY well and it makes it look incredibly cheap. If you're lucky, the sculpted clothing covers it up, but there are TONS of lightly dressed PVC anime ladies out there and they look terrible. Plus i like the heavier feel to resin ones.

Both resin and PVC have problems with certain areas, mostly stomach, armpits and around the insde of the thighs which stinks.

PVC figures also have that plasticky shine to them that i hate, but at least they're more durable but that doesn't make me prefer them over resin ones.

These types of mass produced figures need to improve in quality before i start collecting them again. That goes for both PVC and resin. Can't tell you how many of them i've had to send back due to unbelievably bad paint-apps with the figures looking like they had a seriously bad rash in places. No thank you.
Poisonous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:15 AM   #36
riderV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleMidget View Post
Uncho is as perfect as can be and looks great. One of the best resin figures on the market
You certainly have a lot of confidence in your little Uncho, are you?
That's cool! Your opinion is yours and mine is mine and I can see where you're coming form
She'll probably get a B- by my standard, a good-looking anime statue.
Still far from Level-A statues but again, that's just my worhtless 2 cents.

I believe I've been rolling this this market longer and you all do and I'm looking at a big picture, not some exceptions.

I can care less about the seams since resin statues have them as well and most of them are no better than PVC.

As for the plasticky shine on PVC you mentioned, I don't see any of my PVC have that problem.
Yeah, some Gachapons are a bit plasticky but not PVCs.
Almost, I mean 90% of the current PVCs have awesome skin tone.
They spary a layer of non-reflective protective coating on the skin that makes the skin looks sumptuous and I've yet to see a better way to express the delicacy of female skin.

And there's this new material for PVC figures called PVC resin.
Since both resin and PVC are plastic product, Japanese came up with a way to harden the PVC to close-to-resin level but yet retains the durable chracteristic of PVC.
The surface of PVC resin is very well processed and non-reflective as well, so nothing plasticky shine about my PVC collection!

If you're major on current anime PVCs, I have to tell ya you miss out the essence of PVC big time...
A good example is I was very tempted to collect Ikki Tousen statue lines(include resin statue lines) at first but it turns out to be another bummer...Way too many companies are making statues out of Ikki Tousen and I still cannot find a definite ver. of the characters...
And it's sad to see that's what America imported mostly, tons of Ikki Tousen PVCs...

The best PVCs among the market belongs to artist original lines, then some other artist-designed anime characters.
And if you have problem accepting the big o'l eyes anime style and all you like is Ikki Tousen, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll or Samurai 7 type of anime, you still have a long way to go before you can truly enjoy Japanese anime statues.

I've been collecting anime statues long before PVCs joined the market and I witness the release of the first PVC statue by Kotobukia with a price tag of 2980 Yan...
Yujin has been putting out quality anime figures for a long time before THE PVCs invade the market. Their product lines are closer to big Gachapon that PVC statue, they represent the transitional era from Gacha to PVC.
Yujin still puts out quality figures occasionally but they're no longer the mojor licenses holder anymore.

So if you have problems with PVC quality, I have to say that's bad luck since it's a fact that PVC is surpassing the resin statue, popularity wise even quality wise.
And I personally NEVER have problems with ANY of my PVC statues from my Japanese dealer.

You probably just haven't meet the right one yet.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:06 AM   #37
P1X4R
Producer

Ash/Pikachu statue by Hard Hero!

P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:07 AM   #38
P1X4R
Producer

Old 05-01-2007, 07:08 AM   #39
P1X4R
Producer

Old 05-01-2007, 09:04 AM   #40
Tendou-Kabuto
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I kow it's not statues but

I was cleaning up yesterday and finally had the oppurtunity to snap some pics of my Saint Cloth Myth collection as I was sorting them among other things. This is not all of the myths I got but most of them. I still have quite a few of them upstairs which I haven't brought down yet. Like Several more Final Ikki, Kanon, Mail Aways and Appendix.

I will post pics of statues and other stuff later as I sort them.
Tendou-Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote