Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-22-2015, 11:57 AM   #521
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I have to agree. I'm hoping for the best but physically I just don't see her as Wonder Woman. Is she no longer supposed to be an amazon warrior?

Not saying she needs to be huge but GG is much to waif-like to be WW imo.
In her defence she is currently more muscular than any female hero that has appeared as a heroine in a DC or Marvel property on the big or small screen. She is more cut than Lynda Carter or ScarJo....
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:57 PM   #522
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
In her defence she is currently more muscular than any female hero that has appeared as a heroine in a DC or Marvel property on the big or small screen. She is more cut than Lynda Carter or ScarJo....
I'd argue a few of the characters on Flash and Arrow give her a run for her money (Caity Lotz, Katie Cassidy, and Shantel VanSanten - although the latter doesn't necessarily play a superhero - are all very physically fit/cut women). I do agree with you, however. Gadot is up there, and shouldn't be discredited.

I'm far more interested to see what kind of emotional presence she can bring to the screen.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:23 PM   #523
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
I'd argue a few of the characters on Flash and Arrow give her a run for her money (Caity Lotz, Katie Cassidy, and Shantel VanSanten - although the latter doesn't necessarily play a superhero - are all very physically fit/cut women). I do agree with you, however. Gadot is up there, and shouldn't be discredited.

I'm far more interested to see what kind of emotional presence she can bring to the screen.
Those girls are all in great shape and are all indeed slightly bigger in stature than Gadot. Of comic show heroines I think Adrianne Palicki, (AoS & WW pilot) , is the most athletic and defined. Even then Gadot has more lean, cut, muscle than any of the four small screen heroines from my observations.

I too am interested in what "emotional presence" she can bring. I will be heartbroken if she is stiff and lifeless onscreen, which I doubt she will be given the casting process that yielded us the initially unpopular choice Affleck as Batman. I have to be say that I do find her look as WW absolutely captivating, but not exclusively due to sensuality, as Diana suould be IMHO - and that is why I am behind the casting.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:30 PM   #524
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Blade is a Marvel property, Jessica Biel is definitely far more muscular in Blade Trinity than Gal Gadot.

CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:06 PM   #525
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Jessica Biel has a perfect body
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:07 PM   #526
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I need to see Gal in action before making up my mind but right now im in the group that thinks shes not right for the part, I think it will end up like the game of thrones chick playing sarah connor in the new terminator, not believable at all
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:19 AM   #527
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Bulls, as the expert in keeping up with this movie -- did they say they are going the New 52 route? The casting leads me to believe so, but I'm not so sure.

I really don't care which way the go with her story as long as it's written well.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:41 AM   #528
jamepeytoni011
Kindly Asked To Leave

What about Hathaway ?? I'm a big fan!
jamepeytoni011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:47 PM   #529
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Warner Bros. Casts Wonder Woman's Mother (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter
Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:55 PM   #530