Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 04-28-2011, 02:33 AM   #1
Bucciamarcia
Doh!

Looking for a Draco (Dragonheart) statue

This is what I'm looking for! The Draco statue from the movie Dragonheart. I've been looking for this statue for a long long time now, but I can't find it anywhere. I don't know much about statues, so maybe you have more information than I do?
Bucciamarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:07 AM   #2
davecfprez
A day without sunshine is like... night.

try evilBay.

Took me 3 years to find one for my wife. Bonus is that it was #009 out of the edtion and didn't cost me an arm and a leg!

dave
CFPrez
davecfprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
jsoex
Justice League

I doubt any comic shops still have any, but if any are selling one, then they'll probably overcharge you for it ($1,000).

eBay is your best bet. Over the years, I've seen the Draco statues sell between $300-$800. I got mine on eBay for $500 + shipping a few years ago.

These statues are don't show up much on eBay (once every few months), perhaps because people who own them, don't want to sell them (like me).

Most of the Draco statues have a few broken spine spikes because the spikes are thin and fragile, but don't let that keep you from buying one, otherwise you'll be waiting forever to find a perfect Draco statue.

Good luck!
jsoex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Barbarian
Jedi Order

This is a fantastic piece sculpted by the Shiflett Brothers, and one of their best pieces to this day! Hard to find and a bit pricey when you find a good one, but well worth it. I remember that there were some issues with breakage on some of them because of all the tiny, delicate spines. I hope you find one. Good luck on your search.

Oh, and...

TO THE FORUM!!!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
travis
A.I.M.

It is a wonderful piece
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:46 AM   #6
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
This is a fantastic piece sculpted by the Shiflett Brothers, and one of their best pieces to this day! Hard to find and a bit pricey when you find a good one, but well worth it. I remember that there were some issues with breakage on some of them because of all the tiny, delicate spines. I hope you find one. Good luck on your search.

Oh, and...

TO THE FORUM!!!
Second that.

to the Forum!
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:39 AM   #7
Bucciamarcia
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoex View Post
I doubt any comic shops still have any, but if any are selling one, then they'll probably overcharge you for it ($1,000).
I'm afraid you're right, I couldn't find one in shops, I was wondering if there was any place to look for it other than ebay. And $1,000 is still a reasonable price for me.. *in case anyone on this forum wants to sell it XD*

Quote:
eBay is your best bet. Over the years, I've seen the Draco statues sell between $300-$800. I got mine on eBay for $500 + shipping a few years ago.
I often check if there is one on ebay, but I had no luck so far. I'll keep looking.

Quote:
Oh, and...

TO THE FORUM!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefall View Post
Second that.

to the Forum!
Thank you. :P
Bucciamarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #8
miseroth
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

That statue is indeed a great piece. I do not recall where I got mine when it was initially released but I have unfortunately had one of the spikes break off of the back/spine; thankfully it is not noticeable.

Best of luck in your search!

[IMG][/IMG]
miseroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #9
rayray1284
Doh!

draco from dragonheart

i got one of these statues the other day but the wings are missing. what would the value be without the wings?
rayray1284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #10
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray1284 View Post
i got one of these statues the other day but the wings are missing. what would the value be without the wings?
There is no real Value for a damaged statue. It's whatever you can get for it from someone who might want it to re-sculpt something from it.

As far as the OP, Good luck in the search...I have been looking for this for a while and hardly ever see one come up.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote