Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-10-2017, 07:33 PM   #231
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
I think so far P1's whole 1/4 portraits line is subpar. Not saying its horrible, but surely not worth 7-750.

I will say GL's and Cyborgs are an improvement, but Supes, Flash and now WW are deal breakers. I'm just glad when Bats makes an appearance he's in a cowl, lol.
I agree the faces have been hit and miss. For me, I was originally down on Flash but the smiling portrait is growing on me and I'm seriously thinking of ordering it.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM   #232
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
I will say GL's and Cyborgs are an improvement, but Supes, Flash and now WW are deal breakers. I'm just glad when Bats makes an appearance he's in a cowl, lol.
I just hope they follow through with what they said about not using metallic paint on batman
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:57 AM   #233
sparda
The Avengers

Would be very odd if they did use metallic paint. Not worried at all about that. I've also gone with the EX versions of this line. The head sculpt (apart from darkseid) is significantly better for the EX compared to the reg.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:24 AM   #234
SONICobra
Batman

well its not like metallic costumes are unheard of with the new52 costumes... but supposedly kelvin did say batman will not be metallic

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:09 PM   #235
sparda
The Avengers

True, but they stay true to the comic, in which Batman's suit isn't glossy. I have faith they won't screw him up and if they do, the fanbase will let itself be heard to correct it.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #236
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
True, but they stay true to the comic, in which Batman's suit isn't glossy. I have faith they won't screw him up and if they do, the fanbase will let itself be heard to correct it.
I'm confused, I've never seen a sparkling Flash or Superman suit, from their initial introductions of the New 52 Justice League straight through to Rebirth, never seen a twinkle.

If you look at Jim Lee's art, who designed the suits for new 52, only the metal parts of the suits are given a sheen at all. Check it out, Supes is colored almost in a matte blue on interiors throughout his entire Justice League Origins run.

The all over metallic sheen has no place IMO.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:26 PM   #237
sparda
The Avengers

Dunno, I always imagined it to have a certain amount of gloss to it, don't know why, just had that impression. Following pics also gave me that feeling;

Dunno, feels glossy to me. Or it doesn't bother me anyway. I think this is one of the most defenitive JL lines up till today and it gets a lot of hate because it's new 52. Don't understand why though, the JL comics, Batman comics,... were all great imo.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #238
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Dunno, I always imagined it to have a certain amount of gloss to it, don't know why, just had that impression. Following pics also gave me that feeling;

Dunno, feels glossy to me. Or it doesn't bother me anyway. I think this is one of the most defenitive JL lines up till today and it gets a lot of hate because it's new 52. Don't understand why though, the JL comics, Batman comics,... were all great imo.
Good call on the Rocafort run,didn't notice when reading, love his art. Looking quite shimmery.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:49 PM   #239
nearmint
Phoenix

Pic below is from the Shanghai show. I'm increasingly tempted by this piece...

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:25 PM   #240
adee
Green Arrow

Unfortunately it was the opposite for me.

I was sold on the sneak and the revel cooled me off.

I don't know if the portrait was changed or it just looks different once painted but I don't like it as much as I thought I did/would.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote