Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #5211
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
Nice pics JMT!
That sure is one gorgeous sculpt.

Course, TC can do no wrong.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:29 AM   #5212
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
Given the hassle there has been with Rogue and knowing that the same factory will be producing the Joker PF I have taken a copy of the hi-res pics from the Joker thread and saved them to my hard drive. I hope SS have realized from Rogue that collectors won't stand for sub-par product but, just in case, the pics may come in handy in case SS changes their pics immediately prior to shipping the statue.
May I ask, how do you know this will be done by the same factory..?!
Or are all PF's from one factory?
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #5213
Ruby_Alexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
May I ask, how do you know this will be done by the same factory..?!
Or are all PF's from one factory?
Somewhere in this long thread, some one contacted SS customer service about the poor paint job on the Rogue PF and asked about the Joker PF, and the SS rep informed the person that the same factory that produced the Rogue PF will do the Joker PF.

I seriously hope that the Joker will not have a poor paint job or tailoring but if so, then there isn't much to look forward to with SS's DC line.

On another note, I finished painting my Rogue (regular) statue. I noticed that on Rogue's hair, there were some paint brush bristles which I removed before I painted her hair. I took pics of Rogue before I repainted her. My digital camera died on me so I couldn't take pics after I finished painting her.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #5214
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
If Sideshow pulls another Rogue on Joker, I've had it with them and their shady business practices.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #5215
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Alexa View Post
Somewhere in this long thread, some one contacted SS customer service about the poor paint job on the Rogue PF and asked about the Joker PF, and the SS rep informed the person that the same factory that produced the Rogue PF will do the Joker PF.
But someone at SS also said that a different factory did the normal Rogue PFs. Which doesn't seem to be the case.

What I think happened with Rogue is that the factory couldn't match the prototype's detailed paint job for the face. Also, someone at SS ordered the rear sculpt alteration after the fact. These two things equal bad business when people are putting down money or pre-ordering with intent to buy what was shown.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #5216
Dark Knight66
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:

I seriously hope that the Joker will not have a poor paint job or tailoring but if so, then there isn't much to look forward to with SS's DC line.

On another note, I finished painting my Rogue (regular) statue. I noticed that on Rogue's hair, there were some paint brush bristles which I removed before I painted her hair. I took pics of Rogue before I repainted her. My digital camera died on me so I couldn't take pics after I finished painting her.
So your going by what someone else said with out finding the facts out for yourself. Im going go ask my mom brothers friend who knows a friend who knows a guy who works at SSC.
Dark Knight66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #5217
Ruby_Alexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight66 View Post
So your going by what someone else said with out finding the facts out for yourself. Im going go ask my mom brothers friend who knows a friend who knows a guy who works at SSC.
Not really yet I doubt that SS will answer my inquiry when they have so many to answer. I could only imagine the deluge of emails they received about the Rogue PF.

I'll wait and see the buyers' pics before I purchase a Joker PF. Other than that, I'm happy how my Rogue turned out after the paint job. No regrets.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #5218
Dark Knight66
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Not really yet I doubt that SS will answer my inquiry when they have so many to answer. I could only imagine the deluge of emails they received about the Rogue PF.

I'll wait and see the buyers' pics before I purchase a Joker PF. Other than that, I'm happy how my Rogue turned out after the paint job. No regrets.
That's a smart move cause ur going to be able to snag one for sure cause that es I hope u get one if you really do like the in hand pics.
Dark Knight66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:00 AM   #5219
MACHINEMAN
Kindly Asked To Leave

Just received my regular rogue and truth to tell it looks fabulous
I had hesitations about this piece but I've got to tell you I'm glad I didn't return it
MACHINEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:28 AM   #5220
nemesisenforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
I was going thru this thread and saw this.
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote