Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 03-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #1
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

AFL footy tipping 2010

OK its a new year and time for a good old aussie tradition both at home and at work, amongst friends,family and colleagues - Footy Tipping

the object of the game is easy - pick the most winners each week from the regular rounds of the AFL competition to end up with the most points at the end of the season

the nitty gritty
1.each week entire picks must be in before the bounce of the ball of the first game of the week
for the non aussie participants its easy just look at the countdown clock of the games on the official AFL website,https://www.afl.com.au - usually around 7pm on Friday Australian EST night except on the round where there is a thursday game which is rounds 1,2 and 14

here is a link to the official fixture
https://www.afl.com.au/portals/0/afl...e_document.pdf

2.if you pick the winner 1 point if not 0 points
draws are worth 0 points unless picked (if you have the guts to LOL)

no extra points for picking all the winners for that week but check out the prizes section.!!!

3.leaderboard will be Monday night or Tuesday for weeks with Monday night games (may need some help if i am on nights - Rodders are you happy to help out if i forget?)

4.IF YOU FAIL to put in your picks on time then you will get the lowest score for that week minus 1 point

5.IF you don't like rules 1-4 then don't participate LOL
its meant to be fun and there will be prizes for first, for non aussies, for great pickers and for last so everyone is in with a chance to walk away with something

6.any issues can be brought up by PM please as to not fill the posts with arguments that water down the footy discussions - my decision will be final !!!if its something between myself and another participant then i will leave judgement up to rodders if between rodders and I then Juzzy all clear LOL?

7.last year people didn't want others that were in close competition to see their picks and tried to put them in last minute and sometimes missed on their posts - i will take PM for picks prior to the bounce in the last half of the season and not prior - if you don't like it tough i will put my picks up visible before the bounce if i forget tough for me!

HOW TO JOIN UP
please post below this with your name and a team you would like to nominate (see first prize)
i.e Alex Richmond Tigers

first game starts in Thursday March 25th

PRIZES
1st Place

your name on the Statue Forum Plaque and this plaque sent to you for ownership for one year (unless you win again!!!)
This plaque started by Juzzy (thanks mate )

PLUS

a sketch from the artist of MY choice (well maybe negotiated betwen winner and me) of your character nominated wearing the jersey of your team you chose at the start - for team ideas/colours etc visit the official AFL site, www.afl.com.au or talk to one of the aussies if you haven't picked a team yet!!!!!

PICKING EIGHT
if you pick eight for the week, i will get you a prize - maybe a sketch of your character or a piece of AFL merchandise of the team you picked - my choice
if more than one person picks eight for the week then i will put names in hat and pick one out for the prize

LAST SPOT
the dreaded wooden spoon - sometimes when you are in a competition you lose interest when it becomes obvious you can't win - so the wooden spoon and the pick 8 prize keeps you in the fun - the prize for last is a surprise but a goodie
if more than one person in last place then its the old name out of hat competition
to avoid people not picking to get the lowest score each week - people who have more than 2 weeks of non picking are INELIGIBLE to win this prize - no tanking accepted

NON AUSSIES HIGHEST PLACE
to encourage all people non australian to play - there is a prize for the person from NON australian background to win a prize - if an aussie wins first place, the nearest placed non aussie to first will also win a prize - if more than one, the old hat and name thing again LOL
Prize to be determined but i will make it worthwhile so you would come again for season 2011 where rodders will run the show

ALL CLEAR? if you want anything specified or if i missed something LMK via PM - if its important for everyone i will clarify on open post.

i will post leaderboard on the day after the last game as well as the next weeks fixture

so sign up please
tell your friends
lets have some fun
fred flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

PARTICIPANTS

ALEX - Richmond Tigers
ROD - Carlton Blues
MATTY - Richmond Tigers
STEVE - West Coast Eagles
BILL - Adelaide Crows
JUZZY - Collingwood Magpies
PAUL - Brisbane Lions
VESSIE - Essendon Bombers
ANSEL - Essendon Bombers
JEN -St Kilda Saints
JG - Richmond Tigers
LEONIE -Collingwood Magpies
ASH - Carlton Blues
MIKE F - Carlton Blues
STEPH -Carlton Blues
MIKE G - Melbourne Demons
SUZI -Geelong Cats
LOU -Collingwood Magpies
DREW -North Melbourne Kangaroos
fred flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #3
Rocket
Art of Mod

ROD - Carlton Blues

(Happy to help where needed mate, and also what about people who don't have\haven't picked a team to support? )
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
Mr. Kennedy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Matty- Richmond Tigers
Mr. Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:10 AM   #5
Wrothy

What the heck - I'm not big on footy, but I'll give it a go.

Steve - West Coast Eagles
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #6
67wm
The Flash

i'm in - basically it's a 50/50 chance each week anyway, so WTH. Pretty sure MWF will be in also, but he is on holiday so will be next weekend probably before he sees the thread.

will need to update with team choice at a later date, but will get it before the season starts. pretty sure i will talk/see you before then
67wm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #7
J Storm
Birdman

Anthony - Essendon Bombers
J Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #8
statman
Baron Zemo

I'm in! Don't know a thing about this stuff, but I'll give it a go.

Paul - Brisbane Lions
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #9
Rocket
Art of Mod

Gotta hold my tounge this year LOL

None of THIS!!!

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=141
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #10
Mr. Kennedy