Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-26-2020, 03:16 PM   #341
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

Finally got to put mine together today. Was out of town since it arrived the day before I left. The non cape skirt portion went together without a single issue.

The cape version fit into the non skirt lower body with no issues. But the lower non skirt version was a complete pain in the ass to get together to the base. The right peg was nearly a half inch off. I spent about 45-50 minutes with a hairdryer and finally was able to get them together but now she looks completely bowlegged.

I'm actually afraid to try and take it out of the base and work on it again. I'm pretty sure the non skirt legs and base will never come apart again without major breakage. So she will be going in the back of my display behind Season 2 and the non cape version.

I have not tried to put the cape to the lower skirt body yet. I was so relieved to finally get them to fit together I just wanted to not deal with anything else.

If the cape fits the skirt version OK I may just switch them out from time to time instead of having 2 complete ones.

Paints are terrific on it and I will not be sending it back or asking for a replacement. It just boggles my mind how one fit so easily together and the other one was like it was from two different statues.

It has been sitting in my house in my office in the box for 2 weeks so it was more than enough time to acclimate.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 04:13 PM   #342
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Finally got to put mine together today. Was out of town since it arrived the day before I left. The non cape skirt portion went together without a single issue.

The cape version fit into the non skirt lower body with no issues. But the lower non skirt version was a complete pain in the ass to get together to the base. The right peg was nearly a half inch off. I spent about 45-50 minutes with a hairdryer and finally was able to get them together but now she looks completely bowlegged.

I'm actually afraid to try and take it out of the base and work on it again. I'm pretty sure the non skirt legs and base will never come apart again without major breakage. So she will be going in the back of my display behind Season 2 and the non cape version.

I have not tried to put the cape to the lower skirt body yet. I was so relieved to finally get them to fit together I just wanted to not deal with anything else.

If the cape fits the skirt version OK I may just switch them out from time to time instead of having 2 complete ones.

Paints are terrific on it and I will not be sending it back or asking for a replacement. It just boggles my mind how one fit so easily together and the other one was like it was from two different statues.

It has been sitting in my house in my office in the box for 2 weeks so it was more than enough time to acclimate.
I'm fighting this fight now. I'm having issue with both but the non skirt version is so off I'm concerned it will be bowed and eventually break. I've never had any issue with Tweeterhead statues once they get here so I understand stuff happens but man this statue has been a pain.
Commander0Zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 05:04 PM   #343
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

Same here. I’ve had to slightly finagle here or there with a statue before but never to this degree. But this was a ton of work and it looks off now. I looked at it again just now and her left foot looks like it is warping. Left foot looks pigeon toed now. I think the leg is expanding back out again but the foot peg is in the base so it is warping it. I wouldn’t be surprised if it cracks over time if I leave it together. I may just heat it up again and take it apart and box up the non skirt lower and base. I was really interested in having the cape and skirt combo together anyway. I can just box up the rest. Luckily the parts I want fit together easily.

I know these were fit together at the factory but I am not sure how they ever got them together. Never seen a statue move this much in shipping. Would be more understanding if they both had done it. But the skirt went into its base super easy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FAABC1FB-1BC3-4700-9825-5E424BAE5D55.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	135573  
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 05:11 PM   #344
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I'm fighting this fight now. I'm having issue with both but the non skirt version is so off I'm concerned it will be bowed and eventually break. I've never had any issue with Tweeterhead statues once they get here so I understand stuff happens but man this statue has been a pain.
All the ones I have seen have that same bow in them. I have no idea how the factory fit these together with it being so far off. I emailed Chad the day I got her, and have yet to hear back from him. Very disappointed in that.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 06:08 PM   #345
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Yeah I do not think these were put together in the factory. I've never had this much issue putting together a statue with so few connection points. I'm emailing about the base that goes with the "swimsuit" bottom. No amount of heat is going to help that. And even if I did get it over properly I have to believe it would crack over time and good luck ever getting it out once in. Heck trying to get it out may just break it. At this point it may be better to drill another hole or better yet cut the metal peg and leave it free. Very frustrated.
Commander0Zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 09:02 PM   #346
built2shred
Phoenix

I hate TH customer service, wrote them weeks back about a replacement and haven't heard a peep from them... I've gotten better customer service from FB groups that do custom statues... I'm done with TH...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:26 AM   #347
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Yeah I do not think these were put together in the factory. I've never had this much issue putting together a statue with so few connection points. I'm emailing about the base that goes with the "swimsuit" bottom. No amount of heat is going to help that. And even if I did get it over properly I have to believe it would crack over time and good luck ever getting it out once in. Heck trying to get it out may just break it. At this point it may be better to drill another hole or better yet cut the metal peg and leave it free. Very frustrated.
I had to use A LOT of heat and was scared to death it would snap. I should have just cut off the peg. I don’t understand why it has both a key and a peg.
Old 12-27-2020, 12:28 AM   #348
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I hate TH customer service, wrote them weeks back about a replacement and haven't heard a peep from them... I've gotten better customer service from FB groups that do custom statues... I'm done with TH...
Problem is if you want the exclusive, where else would you get it.
Old 12-27-2020, 03:48 AM   #349
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Problem is if you want the exclusive, where else would you get it.
I'm just done with their statues period... I've bought a lot of them over the years, but I'm not buying anything they make anymore...

The skirt I received has lots of small chips on it and a black dot, how the hell did it get past QC?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 08:12 AM   #350
cking
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Trevor did a very nice job on the hair and face but I can't understand how he could have missed the fact that her top from season one had rather conical bra shape, not the big rounded breasts that they've put onto this statue. Take a look at some of the images posted earlier in the thread of Lynda Carter in the costume. Very Marilyn Monroe-esque style of conical bra shape. That's a real miss on this statue in my opinion and is something that will be done right on my custom 4 inches tall and 6 inches tall figures.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote