Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-23-2018, 09:53 AM   #231
SONICobra
Bane

i knew this movie wouldnt be for me but aside from all the stuff i already knew i wouldnt like that muscle suit looks absolutely ridiculous
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:00 AM   #232
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i knew this movie wouldnt be for me but aside from all the stuff i already knew i wouldnt like that muscle suit looks absolutely ridiculous
Well, I never liked the updated Batman suit from Nolan’s Dark Knight, but it was a pretty good movie regardless of the suit.......but I have to agree, that “Shazam” suit looks straight outta CW.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:59 PM   #233
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Outside of guest appearances in other DC books or Shazam being part of a team I’ve never read the character so any differences are mostly lost on me. I would think most comic book to film adaptations would be closer to the New 52 simply due to both being modern iterations. Is there really much of a difference between the classic and New 52? All the core elements seem to be the same best as I can tell but as I stated, I’m no authority on the character.
Pre-New 52, Captain Marvel may have been a bit innocent, and even a semi-serious purist, but he wasn’t a goofy and volatile child. Yes, Billy Batson was always a kid but not a goofy, awkward or volatile kid. Geoff Johns reimagined the Captain Marvel, now called Shazam, character to make him an excitable and impulsive kid in a massive superhuman body. This is inconsistent with the character’s history but, to your point, is how people now know him.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:11 AM   #234
moon_knight1971
Rescue

This version of Shazam is a knock off of PRIME from Malibu
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:54 AM   #235
SONICobra
Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Well, I never liked the updated Batman suit from Nolan’s Dark Knight, but it was a pretty good movie regardless of the suit.......but I have to agree, that “Shazam” suit looks straight outta CW.
its not so much the suit itself, its the fact that its obviously stuffed with fake foam muscles. it looks like one of those silly super hero costumes people buy for halloween. it doesnt look natural at all, this looks like a low budget movie from the 90's - i dunno maybe thats what they were going for but im not feeling it
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:51 PM   #236
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
its not so much the suit itself, its the fact that its obviously stuffed with fake foam muscles. it looks like one of those silly super hero costumes people buy for halloween. it doesnt look natural at all, this looks like a low budget movie from the 90's - i dunno maybe thats what they were going for but im not feeling it
Wouldn't surprise me if it is a low budget movie targeted at 14 year olds…

When I say low budget I mean for superhero movie, I'm sure the budget is around $70 million....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:08 AM   #237
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

When I say low budget I mean for superhero movie, I'm sure the budget is around $70 million....
WB won't do that... Shazam's attached to larger DCEU, Aquaman and Shazam are big invesments for WB to finally get more succesful with DCEU after the flops of Suicide Squade, Batman v Superman and Justice League. Ofcourse it targets kids starting with 13 years old and also adults who love super hero stuff like most of superhero films, they showed the trailer at SDCC, if i need to remind you. It will be all ages.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:34 AM   #238
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

WB has been doing this for years. Low budget live action films (mostly based on anime).
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:22 AM   #239
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Saw the trailer after watching Aquaman and this movie looks bad. Not sure about the comic relief of some of the scenes shown.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 07:07 PM   #240
Gothamite
Phoenix

Looking forward to it. Billy Batson is a kid who suddenly gets magical powers. There should be joy and excitement, not a re-tread of Zack Snyder's Man of Steel.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote