Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 03-27-2020, 10:07 AM   #1
JAG2045
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Numbered busts/statues question

Hi all

I've recently gotten into the statue collecting game with the DST Batman animated series busts and a few others

I had a general question about limited run statues and busts - for ones where they are a limited run (like 3000 for the animated ones) I wondered if there was a general consensus of if the lower or higher numbers were more desirable to collectors?

I'm happy regardless of the number but I just wondered what peoples thoughts were?
JAG2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:40 AM   #2
Gothamite
Phoenix

No.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:27 AM   #3
jeremydmc
Black Panther

The numbering of a statue means something to some collectors. A number 1 / ### seems to be more desirable than other numbers. The same with Samples or Artist Proofs (AP). I have bought AP's very cheaply before and I see some on eBay that are listed for outrageous prices. It has been proven that the numbers on bases are rather random. The one that actually has number 1 on it could actually be the last one off the line and just the first numbered.

But as I said. Some people / collectors will pay more to claim having number 1 of something. I'm not one of them. I just want the best price for something I will enjoy, regardless of the number associated with it.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:21 PM   #4
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

#1 could've been painted 1st or last.

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:50 PM   #5
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Numbering, APs, & MPs.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=84320

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=18013

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:35 PM   #6
JAG2045
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
The numbering of a statue means something to some collectors. A number 1 / ### seems to be more desirable than other numbers. The same with Samples or Artist Proofs (AP). I have bought AP's very cheaply before and I see some on eBay that are listed for outrageous prices. It has been proven that the numbers on bases are rather random. The one that actually has number 1 on it could actually be the last one off the line and just the first numbered.

But as I said. Some people / collectors will pay more to claim having number 1 of something. I'm not one of them. I just want the best price for something I will enjoy, regardless of the number associated with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
#1 could've been painted 1st or last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
Cool thanks for the help everyone, I never knew that the numbers actually didn't match with their placement on the production run!

Thanks again!
JAG2045 is offline   Reply With Quote