Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-04-2015, 10:23 AM   #111
Thor57
Teen Titans

There is a reason gymnasts wear form fitting clothes. Trying to do all that swinging and flipping DD does would be made much more challenging with baggy clothes. Wolverine would be more likely to have loose clothing. I'm okay with small changes to original costumes. Everyone short of Cap and Thor seem to have been modernized a small bit. And that's fine with DD too, but he needs to have form fitting clothes.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:07 PM   #112
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Subtract the shinguards, change the boots, and take away the "obvious Magneto stuff" and this is a pretty awesome Daredevil suit. More of what I would expect XM to put out as a "modern" take on the character's costume.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:26 PM   #113
Peedi
The Secret Six

Magneto is still the perfect and best example of XM updating an outfit with their own twist while maintaining enough of the original look that the changes just work.

It's because Magneto doesn't so much add elements as it does change them. Magneto's Classic design with the glove and boot bands? They changed them to guards with straps. Outside undies? Removed, simple enough. Body suit too plain? Add some texture without that texture dominating the entire piece or creating unusual patterns. Need a bit more color? Take some of the usual purple elements and make them silver.

It's really just an alteration and update of things that already existed on the classic comic costume, which helped to add more details in a logical way which is why it works.

I like this Daredevil but it could use some of that same logic to make it better. It shouldn't be about adding details or elements, it should be about updating what's already there to make sense in a modern setting.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:28 PM   #114
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Exactly. Well put.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:38 PM   #115
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
No, I would still want his pants to be form fitting. FYI, I prefer the current pose than a museum pose.
same here. Leave the museum pose for SS.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #116
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Magneto is still the perfect and best example of XM updating an outfit with their own twist while maintaining enough of the original look that the changes just work.

It's because Magneto doesn't so much add elements as it does change them. Magneto's Classic design with the glove and boot bands? They changed them to guards with straps. Outside undies? Removed, simple enough. Body suit too plain? Add some texture without that texture dominating the entire piece or creating unusual patterns. Need a bit more color? Take some of the usual purple elements and make them silver.

It's really just an alteration and update of things that already existed on the classic comic costume, which helped to add more details in a logical way which is why it works.

I like this Daredevil but it could use some of that same logic to make it better. It shouldn't be about adding details or elements, it should be about updating what's already there to make sense in a modern setting.
I agree with your logic.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #117
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
well put, I can agree with that
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:15 PM   #118
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:

Good post, man. When I saw Magneto for the first time, I was very overwhelmed by how contemporary his look was while still maintaining that classic comic image. It was a fantastic new design. It went very good with Wolverine too. I thought the zippers on Wolverine's boots looked cool initially, but now I realize XM could've done without putting those on his boots.

XM seems to be losing touch with what you posted here when it comes to Daredevil. Way too modernized and movie-esque for me.

He looks everything like movie Captain America, minus the horns, logos, and billy clubs. Mule's pic earlier had it right. XM should've gone with an outfit very similar to that one.

This new Daredevil costume is more fitting with somebody like Punisher, minus the cowl, tucking out the pants from the boots, logo/weapon change, and throwing a trench coat over the whole thing.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:32 PM   #119
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

This is looking pretty exceptional. Great work on the sculpt Muf!
Old 01-04-2015, 03:41 PM   #120
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

After thinking about it, the pant must be changed. I always prefer the classic costume more, so if possible change it back to spandex or make the pant more tighter. I don't think the boot will work with DD...I mean it's almost like giving Spiderman boot. DD is an acrobatic type of character and he needs clothing (Including accessories) that allow him to move freely. Now don't make him look like a 1/4th Bowen statue..=P.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote