Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-12-2020, 05:25 PM   #581
Zolos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Totally agree. Love both versions but decided to go with smoke because of the "nightmare effect"...and since I rarely dream in color myself (LOL ).

Hulk Transformation starting to come in. Waiting for that one and this one too. I'm so excited, pumped, and looking forward to getting both of these (I forgot--I have that Darkseid Rebirth PO'd also). Looks like XM did a great job on all of these--and they are certainly going to be grails in my collection!
With Hulk Transformation and Batman Sanity you have two grails in my opinion. And the smoke one has very low ES.

Maybe you saw it already:
If you search “Comic Artist David Finch - Interview and Reaction to XM Studios Batman Sanity Statue“ in YouTube you can see some backround information. Its based on an artwork from (Batman) comic artist David Finch. I think XM Studios is awesome that they doing something like that.

I wonder how the artwork that comes with the statue will look like.

EDIT: I want to add that i love the concept of the statue. And the name Batman Sanity is perfect for that.
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:41 AM   #582
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

This is an awesome piece, super ambitious for sure. I thought about PO'ing it off and on. If i was going to have 1 batman statue to cover it all i would probably go with this.

My main issue with the statue tho, is I didn't like how several characters came out.

Joker
Mr freeze
Ivy
Bane (i just feel they through him in for bonus but you don't really even get to see him other than his back)

Batman in the center piece which he looks great, but i feel Joker being the such an important character needed to look a bit better .
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 11:07 AM   #583
adee
Green Arrow

It's a fantastic piece but not having Riddler really bothers me. I would have also preferred having Killer Croc over Man-Bat.

Still it's a pretty epic piece.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 11:12 AM   #584
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
It's a fantastic piece but not having Riddler really bothers me. I would have also preferred having Killer Croc over Man-Bat.

Still it's a pretty epic piece.
Damn ya i almost forgot Riddler, ya i would have preferred riddler over Man-Bat. Killer Croc is not bad, but I would cut him out for Riddler any day.

Ya its still epic won't lie there
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:38 PM   #585
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Damn ya i almost forgot Riddler, ya i would have preferred riddler over Man-Bat. Killer Croc is not bad, but I would cut him out for Riddler any day.

Ya its still epic won't lie there
Agree with Riddler over both but I would have liked Croc instead of Man-Bat. Not that I don't think Man-Bat is cool, I just think of Croc being higher on the rogue food chain.

Riddler is a staple so I have no idea why he was left off.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 02:31 PM   #586
manboy
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Agree with Riddler over both but I would have liked Croc instead of Man-Bat. Not that I don't think Man-Bat is cool, I just think of Croc being higher on the rogue food chain.

Riddler is a staple so I have no idea why he was left off.
Agree with you completely. If I'm paying 3K + I want an ALL-IN on batman core rogue villains. Riddler not making the cut is unacceptable. Croc lesser so but still should get a higher spot over clayface or manbat
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:40 PM   #587
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

On the smoke version freeze and helmet thing is odd. How do you simulate smoked out helmet and if you leave it off it’s bad. Two issues along with missing a Riddler a top tier villain historically was a huge no, but this is Finches interpretation and maybe he dislikes Riddler ?
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 02:26 AM   #588
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I’ve said it before but the inclusion of some of the lesser known/often overlooked rogues is what I like most about this piece. I’ll gladly sacrifice Croc for a Clayface and/or Man-Bat who’d likely never get produced outside this diorama. That said the omission of Riddler does hurt the piece slightly in my eyes. I’d take him over the overexposed Bane or even Poison Ivy.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 04:02 PM   #589
Matson1984

That's one of the reasons why I like it so much too. Having lesser known characters on it makes it a lot more unique. Also people wondering why someone like the Riddler was left off..... This was David Finch's design. He chose the characters he wanted on this since he designed the whole thing. I don't think its that he dislikes the Riddler. I just think he probably didn't want to add another human type character on the piece and didn't want to get rid of any of the human characters that he has on it.
Matson1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:50 AM   #590
Zolos

I heard or read that the statue contains a riddle from Riddler.
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote