Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 05-09-2017, 08:22 AM   #91
Manu81
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Yes, the teeth and tendons look so wrong. The Big Chap is mostly black so I think the biggest concern would be the dome. It needs to be transparent like the proto.
I would like the dome like in the proto if the paintjob on the skull it's worth it to see. If not, I would prefer a darker dome...I'm kidding but with the bigchap mostly black, with chomed teeth, without transperent tendons...what can they do bad? paintjob on the skull please
do it well coolprops...
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:16 AM   #92
Vader
Ghost

just cancelled mine.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:32 AM   #93
Black
Doh!

Deleted Everyone.
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:24 AM   #94
Citizen
Doh!

Anyone get their warrior yet? Seen a video and some pics of the yellow. Hoping to see if someone could share the blue edition.
Citizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:16 PM   #95
allosaur176
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I have a video up of the brown version, my Blue version should be here next week and will make a video on that one as well.
allosaur176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:39 AM   #96
Citizen
Doh!

The yellow warrior is now wait listed.
Citizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:09 AM   #97
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

I had the opportunity to see the Coolprops brown Alien Warrior at a convention last weekend, so I filmed a short review of it.

I wanted to be as honest as I could be, because these cost quite a lot of money and I know that some people are still on the fence. Unfortunately I didn't like the paint app on the bust very much at all. The bust itself was quite nice, but the highlights were far too bright for me. I think I would have preferred the blue version, as the difference between the blue and black would not be as harsh.

It should also be noted that the lighting was very bright in the convention hall and this would probably look better under dim lighting. But anyway, I just wanted to give you guys my honest opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YPFRhylPs4
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:58 PM   #98
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
I had the opportunity to see the Coolprops brown Alien Warrior at a convention last weekend, so I filmed a short review of it . . .
Thanks for the vid/review.

Have to say - I think the paint on this looks awful - those colour choices - man! (and to think I thought the BLUE/yellow one looked bad!)

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:43 PM   #99
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Thanks for the vid/review.

Have to say - I think the paint on this looks awful - those colour choices - man! (and to think I thought the BLUE/yellow one looked bad!)

The yellow, in the video, isn't what it looks like. The factory got the sandy yellow right. They should've added a lot more browns and mid browns, blending into the yellow. In my opinion, it would have soared then. The tendons are very bad. These and the squiggly lines are head scratching, to say the least. I'm most likely going to add in some browns.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:09 PM   #100
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

To add, its baffling how these companies don't have an employee on site. Watching, inspecting, and making sure to get things right. I'm sure 75% of the factory workers have no clue, what it is they're painting lol. You don't even need to send someone(they're way of it's too expensive). Just hire someone who lives there and thats his/her job. He/she has no idea what it is? Send a picture, at the very least. This is how it is supposed to look like. Compare with what the factory workers are doing. If they are adding squiggly lines, do you see that in the picture? No, well redo it. Are the tendons supposed to be this color? No, so fix it. It's beyond me lol.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote