Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-06-2016, 10:15 AM   #131
Peedi
The Secret Six

Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man and Batman. That's it.

Tired of Captain America's every other year reboots. Avengers completely lost me and I'm not into any of their current directions. Not a fan of merging the movie lore into the comics (Nick Fury, Jr is the worst executed offense, followed by getting rid of original NF and ejecting Hank Pym). And as much as I absolutely LOVE the X-Men characters those comics have been in a terrible place for years now. There's character growth and personality adjustments but many of them don't even act like themselves anymore. X-Men died for me somewhere around AvX.

Getting only 3 comics now has shifted my buying into mostly hardcovers since they're extremely easy to find at half off at new release. I have a handful of omnibuses to go through right now.

Anyway, I'd love to see at least some type of preview or something from what Prime 1 is cooking up on the comic side of things for both Marvel and DC.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 01:22 PM   #132
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man and Batman. That's it.

Tired of Captain America's every other year reboots. Avengers completely lost me and I'm not into any of their current directions. Not a fan of merging the movie lore into the comics (Nick Fury, Jr is the worst executed offense, followed by getting rid of original NF and ejecting Hank Pym). And as much as I absolutely LOVE the X-Men characters those comics have been in a terrible place for years now. There's character growth and personality adjustments but many of them don't even act like themselves anymore. X-Men died for me somewhere around AvX.

Getting only 3 comics now has shifted my buying into mostly hardcovers since they're extremely easy to find at half off at new release. I have a handful of omnibuses to go through right now.

Anyway, I'd love to see at least some type of preview or something from what Prime 1 is cooking up on the comic side of things for both Marvel and DC.
I stopped reading any of Marvel's event titles ages ago (I still enjoy a few of the quirkier solo character ones though.) But, why didn't Marvel do like they did with Miles Morales and wait until Secret Wars bridged the 616 with the Ultimate universe to introduce the new Nick Fury? Never mind, I forgot money needed to be made as soon as possible. This is what I hate about Marvel. Even positive efforts to diversify the main cast are capitalistic in nature and half-assed in execution.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #133
Vatos Locos
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
Even positive efforts to diversify the main cast are capitalistic in nature and half-assed in execution.
That´s funny, I stopped buying marvel stuff, because of their efforts to ´diversify´ the main cast.
Vatos Locos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 02:14 PM   #134
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
I pickup EVERY Star Wars from Marvel that comes out. That's it though.
Including all of the variants? Do you own all of the #1's? If so, that is pretty crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
I said this before somewhere, but the issue is that they are trying to make comics fit the films and TV shows rather than let comics be their own thing. Fantastical as they are with classic outfits with the underwear outside and all that, comics have to remain the original source of inspiration.

They are too busy with trying to make things be realistic in comics as if whoever goes to see a movie is going to feel compelled to read comics. I am sure that happens but the number has to be small and then for how long do you have that reader for?

I quit comics a few years ago and occasionally check in when something good comes along through a hardcover or trade. DC and Marvel are a mess. Nowadays you are better off reading something along the lines of Saga as a quick read.
This is just my opinion, but I think the single biggest issue came from the films and the entire concept of continuity and cohesion between the series. Back in the day, writers didn't have to worry about that kind of thing. They could write thier own story and not have to worry about how it fit in to the bigger overall universe. That gave writers a much larger degree of freedom than writers have today.

When you stop and think about it, the whole concept of a single unified universe is not an easy thing to accomplish when you have as many titles as DC or Marvel. A lot of time and effort must go into that aspect of their series and it really does limit the amount of freedom that writers have. You combine this with the whole shift in focus to variants and covers and its really not surprising that there has been such a dramtic shift in quality in regards to the stories themselves.

Personally, I think they should let the movies be movies and let the comics be comics. Marvel has clearly shown how significant having a single unified universe is when it comes to films. So it makes perfect sense to continue using that system with the films. I cannot say the same in regards to the comics. IMO, trying to make a single unified universe has significantly hurt the quality of comics and as such, I think they should leave that system for the films and go back to indivudal story lines for the comics.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #135
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

I agree OC.

They are going to run out of stories pretty soon. Most of the stories they are doing in films are from the classic era of tights that they are so desperately trying to get away from.

What's gonna be the Batman movie 10 years from now? Commissioner Gordon as Batman? May be a movie about an old Captain America?
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #136
ambasah
Red Skull

as far as movies are concerned, they will simply rehash/reboot the same stories over and over and over again for each generation (or heck even in a few years like the spidey franchise).

superheroes don't age.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:17 PM   #137
stevebed
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
as far as movies are concerned, they will simply rehash/reboot the same stories over and over and over again for each generation (or heck even in a few years like the spidey franchise).

superheroes don't age.
apart from Spidey .. hes getting younger as the years go by
stevebed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:31 PM   #138
SuperJ300
Zot

Some people still don't believe this is happening!??!!

It's been confirmed.

WTF! lol
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:42 PM   #139
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Yep OC, all the #1s!

SuperJ, I'm watching that thread on FB as well. Lol
I agree that all we've heard from is that one pic so far, right?
I'm gonna need some deets or official confirmation which we haven't received yet.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:47 PM   #140
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
I'm gonna need some deets or official confirmation which we haven't received yet.
The only hint for the 1/4 line I can se is this Jim Lee Justice logo from Prime 1 announcement.

Also, cool that Batman Returns is there too, which is 1/3 I take it.

That JL symbol is from New 52 tho???

This makes me think we will get some New 52 stuff from Prime?

And the Superman teaser cape hangs down the back like the New 52 cape does.

SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote